Homeβ€Ί Community Forum 🏠
Options

Weight Accountability Challenge

Updated sheet link

If you are like me, I've drifted and haven't been on my game the way i was up through around mid February. On top of that I just was at Blue Ridge Camp where @Coach Patrick encouraged us to carb up! So, after eating what seemed like 8 slices of pizza for dinner on Friday night, he then takes us out for beers and a bunch of high carb late night snacks!

I've not gained, but I plateaued. I am entering the 12 weeks until Ironman Lake Placid and the time to act for me is now. If you would like to join the ride, I will post the rules, a new weight loss tracking sheet and it's go time on Wednesday May 8.

Finishing date for this challenge will be July 28, 2019

@Patrick Large @Andrew Lustigman @Dave Campbell @Phil Mills @John Stark @Emily Brinkley @Mark Lane @Kevin Hartnett @Pat Morton @John Culberson @Jorge Duque

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

@scott dinhofer I am exactly like you :) I am in a bit more of a rush to shed a few more kg's so lets make this a high stakes challenge. Least amount of weight lost takes a fatty pick, OR if you stay even, that deserves a fatty pick as well. Hopefully the fear of being publicly shamed will help :)

Let the good times roll!!

• Options

I'm on board yet again.

• Options

Sorry, @scott dinhofer, we've discussed this many times before, but I feel compelled to share my opinion. Thes last three months before an Ironman is NOT the time for a specific focus on weight, especially one driven by peer pressure. If you follow the EN training plan and eat a sensible diet, you WILL lose weight. If you arent losing, you need to re-assess your relationship with food on an on going basis not just diring training, but for those timeswhen you are less active. Trying to operate on a daily basis at the level required for IM race prep without proper fueling is a set up for poor performance on race day, and possible reduction in health/hormonal status.

focus on your training and eating properly, not on the number on the scale.

• Options

@Al Truscott - I could not agree with you more! I am not in the place i was those past times.

I am in a place where if I focus on eating right, not starving myself, but eating clean, healthy, vegan influenced diet with plenty of protein, limited carbs (except for when fueling workouts) along with the increased volume of the next twelve weeks, I should see positive results that drive me close to or achieving my targeted number.

If i Lose 3/4 to 1lb per week for the next 11 weeks, I think i will achieve something fantastic. This challenge is not about being the biggest loser to try and drop 8 lbs in 4 weeks, it's about accountability!

• Options

I'm on board and I'll be focused and compliant. My first opportunity to weigh in is the 9th.

• Options

okay folks, I've been reading the Jessie Itzler book, "living with a seal," and the shizz is on! New approach for me to all, wake up and get at, get it whenever possible. My single piece of low hanging fruit is weight. If i stay focused and disciplined over the next 12 weeks, I will show up at IMLP without the excuse of weight. I will do it without doing anything extreme (1.2 lbs/week)

the sheet link is at the top of the first post on this thread. Fill in TODAY'S weight in the first box in your column, if you need a column made for you, ping me by email (sdinhofer@gmail.com) and I'll get it done ASAP. This is the blue cell at the top of your column.

share it here, EVERY week, EVERY day... let's all get it to happen.

@Andrew Lustigman - 11 weeks, no wine, no beer, no red meat, you will thank me when you finish IMLP faster than you thought possible.

@John Stark - you will thank me for this as you are walking up powerline and hating every crank of your pedal on the paved road that you blew down early in the race

everyone else, don't know your specific races, but start doing the impossible, every day, every week, NOW.. It's not about doing something miraculous or stupid as @Al Truscott points out above, it's about being disciplined and consistent.

game On!

Sheet link

• Options

Ok Guys, I apologize for not taking the last Challenge as seriously as I should have. As a result, my weight is largely unchanged since the end of February. I've up dated my starting weight to 178.0 and goal weight to 166.0. It is what I need to achieve to make my season's goal of Sub-9 at Leadville possible.

Today I weighed in at 179.7 after being on the road for 4 days. So, while I'm not technically required a non-flexing photo, if I'm not at my "Starting Weight" tomorrow I'll post one anyway.

Until then, I give you this:

Pat

• Options

I need to get in on this. I'm racing Lake Placid as well, plus a 70.3 in a month and then a hilly century after that. I've gotten some of the flab off since the beginning of the year, but I need the accountability to get me past this plateau I've landed on. Can you create a column for me from this thread response or do I still need to send the email? Thanks!

• Options

@David Mehl - you are added!

make sure you get on the IMLP group me and forum group, let's get the mojo going!

• Options

As predicted, here's my starting weight pic.

Now, if only I could lose 1.7 pounds every day...

• Options

Hey All!

I had a fairly good week, trying to keep focus on eating just the right amount of good food. Too much is no good, but too little and I hit the late night sweets and end up eating too much anyway.

Yesterday I weighed in at 177.5 which is above my goal, but not bad as I had gotten back from JFK at midnight the night before.

How's everyone else doing?

Pat

• Options

Nice work @Pat Morton.

I feel like I'm finally moving in the right direction - just have to keep up the good habits on the weekends, too.

@scott dinhofer has there been much chatter on the IMLP groupme or forum? I'm not seeing anything lately - hopefully I'm looking in the right places?

• Options

I'm going to tap out for this session. Raced IM 70-3 Va at ~192# 0n May 5, this is a 15# weight loss since we started in Nov. Have a couple family vacations coming up and then start focusing on preparing for IM Fla.

• Options

I think the greatest benifit of this Challenge is that it keeps us having a focus on weight loss every day. When I'm "not paying attention" and/or drift from the forum I have a much more difficult time bringing my weight down. Intuitively I know coming here and posting my scale pictures is a little silly and certainly doesn't burn any calories. But it does, for whatever reason, make me lighter. So, I'd encourage all of you to Post a Silly Scale Picture and fill in the spreadsheet because we could all stand to be a little lighter on race day.

Pat