Homeβ€Ί Racing Forum 🏎
Options

George Penn Tour of the Battenkill Race Report

It was a nice brisk morning but it was very windy. In fact, there was a nasty head wind on the return route and it made it difficult to really get into a groove. I felt my training was spot on to tackle the gravel hills. As usual, I took my time going down the inclines, losing times but seeing all the potholes and skid marks made me leery. Not only did I follow my bike training regime, but I incorporated weightlifting on Monday and Friday focusing on legs. I believe there was about 1300 feet of climbing and the weightlifting made a huge difference.Β 

My goal was to get under 2 hours. I crossed the finish line in 1:59:30πŸ˜ƒ. I guess I like to make things interesting.Β I finished 51 out of 124 racers in the Piccolo Fondo and only 10 minutes behind my co-worker who is 20 years younger than me and getting ready for an olympic tri. I am quite please with the results. THANKS PATRICK!πŸ˜€

I would like to give a shout out to the race managers. There were 1500 riders doing 3 races and not once did the course seem saturated with riders. Like last year, I would recommend this race to the EN members.Β 

Now it’s onto the Whiteface Skyrunning event in July in Lake Placid.

Comments