Homeβ€Ί Announcements πŸŽ™
Options

Quick Race Report Feedback Requested...

So, folks are digging the quick reports! They aren't for everyone (Especially those of you who want to write the full details!) but they are a great way to capture what went down.

They are online in a shared folder here.

The question is, what to do with these files when done?

Right now most reports are in the forums...so...

1. We could just post these as individual forum threads
  2. We could create a searchable archive of reports and start that with these files (database if you will)
  3. We could select a few to live on the EN Blog as highlight performances ( with Athlete permission)
  4. We could just email them back to folks and let them do what they want...thoughts?

Please share your thoughts!

~ Coach P

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

@Coach Patrick - Something did not come out right above. It did not put what I typed for "How did the Race unfold" in that section. It is showing my race goals in that section. So, it is basically leaving out the section where I wrote how it the race unfolded.

It did come out great in the email it sent .

• Options

I would say to post into a new RR forum specifically for these. Perhaps once posted, the original poster, @Brian Hagan in this case, can then come in and write a more detailed report using the original report as a template and reminder. I find that going back and reading my RRs helps me with the next race as well as serving as a reminder of what i was going through and thinking on the day. I am re-reading my LP reports now to remind me where the suck will happen, how I countered it in the last go- arounds and trying to use this to improve my mental game in the last half of the run. I want to go from "I can't wait for this to be over" mentality, to "you knew this was coming, what is the fastest way through it?!" and then attack it!

• Options

As it stands right now, when you hit submit where does it go?

• Options

@Brian Hagan Thanks for that...@Rory Gumina Caught it too and I have fixed it moving forward.

@scott dinhofer Forums vote, got it!

@Sid Wavrin It goes to Wufoo where the survey lives, with an email send to the racer who submitted it. I have it being converted to a google document, which then i beautified and PDF-ified.