Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Charlie Blackburn Official Coach Thread [TeamEN]

edited July 22, 2019 12:54AM in Coaching Forum 🧢

Here's your personal Coach Thread, as promised. This is where you'll return to post all your "coach" questions as responses; I'll see them and reply. This first post is here to guide you through your first year on EN, so you can always come back here.

As you'll see in this forum, I handle all manner of edits and changes. So post away, know that I reply here usually M/W/F each week.

Power User Tip: Click the Star icon by the Title of this thread to subscribe, and you'll get email updates when I do reply.

Coach Notes [Watch the video below]

Your Races

• Ironman 70.3 Waco (2019-10-27) #70.3Waco_19

Season Outline

These are your recommended training plans, including the date you should start each one (sometimes you won't complete a full plan but transition to another one). You can change your plans on Final Surge by clicking on Training Plans / My Plans. Learn more about each plan on the Training Plan Central Page.

>> Last updated by Coach on June 24, 2019

• On 6/24/2019 Load the  -- Bike Focus Block, 2019 (6wks) to end on 8/4/2019
  • On 8/5/2019  Load the  -- EN Half Bike Focused  to end on 10/28/2019
  • On 10/29/2019 Load the  -- Post Half Iron Transition Plan, All Levels (2wks) to end on 11/11/2019
  • Connect with Coach P about your surgery! 📲

Training Plan Support in Your First Month

You can connect with @matt limbert as needed in your first month to get dialed in with your training plans and data. You can set up a call with him online here: https://calendly.com/new-member-phone-call/1 and he'll be on this thread shortly!

Your Notes

Doing IM 70.3 Waco in 2019. This will be a last race before a surgery in November. 2020 will be all about the recovery from this knee surgery. I hope to race again in 2021I finished IM 70.3 Galveston in April 2019. Have not done a lot since. I have a knee problem which majorly limits my running. Swim was 34 and bike was 2:44 Run pace was at about 8:30 until the storm came. I got in 11.5 of the 13.

Your Homework

Tell Me Your Season Goals

• What will make you consider this season a success?
  • What's your biggest limiter right now?

Contact Points

As part of your journey to becoming a Self Coached Triathlete inside TeamEN, we are prepared to give you excellent support for your first 90 days. Our goal is to transition you from live, in-person support to using our digital resources and the Team to help you continue your progress as you execute your Three Year Plan.

These are all the key points in your first year where we must talk. Please remember to include your phone number.

• Welcome Call in Week One (set it up here)
  • Training Plan Call in Week Two to talk about your season (set it up here)
  • End of Trial Call -- We review your experience & Unlock Year One / Race Execution for you (set it up here)
  • End of Season Call -- We review your year & Strategize for your End of Year Gap and Year Two (TBD in this Coach Thread)

Questions

• Coach Questions - Right here in this thread. Always reply to this same thread, it keeps a record for us as we evolve together!
  • General Questions - Simple stuff can go to the Q & A Central Forum for the Team to answer. For example, Best Bike? How to improve run cadence? How to flip turn?
  • Need Help? - Please check the EN Help Site first!
  • Admin Questions - Billing or orders or whatnot? Use the red chat button at the bottom of the Members Site (not forums) or email us here.
  • Specific Questions about a Race or Power, etc? - You can post those into the targeted forum for that topic. Power questions to the Power and Pace Forum. Race questions to your specific race forum, etc. Not sure where to post? Put it in the General Discussion forum and we will sort it out. Whatever you do, PLEASE ask your questions!!

For short or last minute questions, we recommend you use the Red Chat Icon on the main Members website.

We have also organized a complete chart of the best ways to contact us online here.

Your First Month on the Team

You have quite a few things to do when you start up. There are instructions on the top of the website, but you can review them under Resources / Trial Member Welcome.

Your First Year Inside Endurance Nation

This will be unlocked after your trial expires.

Looking forward to working with you this year,

~ Coach P

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    edited June 24, 2019 11:54PM

Charlie, Welcome to Endurance Nation! Congratulations on Galveston and you have come to the right place to get to work on Waco! Our goal is to make your first month of Endurance Nation as simple and as awesome as possible! You can schedule a call with me here: https://calendly.com/new-member-phone-call/1

I'll monitor this thread for your first thirty days and help you get up to speed with your plan, your basic schedule, terminology, and all of our resources. Coach Patrick has just made your season plan in Final Surge, so you can sync your Garmin or Strava (only one!) and get your workout data uploaded. (Chose Strava if you ride on Zwift.)

In Final Surge: Workouts -> Garmin / Device Upload

Then chose either Garmin or Strava. Just chose one, otherwise you will get double workouts recorded in Final Surge.

As you get all your tech setup (Connecting to Final Surge) either Garmin or Strava. Also consider downloading the Final Surge App. This might make it way easier to add comments about how you felt, ate, weather etc (for the bike) and sets, paces etc (for the swim). Those are all super helpful to you as you track your progress, prepare and plan your 70.3 at Waco.

Final Surge | Mobile Apps

https://www.finalsurge.com/apps

A free online training log for athletes of all types including runners, triathletes, cyclists, swimmers and their coaches. Great for teams and clubs. Find coaches and training plans online!

It makes it super easy to add comments about your workout. Click on the "pencil" icon to tap "how I felt" or "perceived effort." Then add a few notes about what you ate/drank (helps to figure out what works best for you on the bike), how you felt mentally, the weather or any aches etc. Just a quick not goes a long way.

Those comments are really handy when you are comparing workouts, tailoring your own training, evaluating progress and planning for your race

Let me know how I can help. I look forward to hearing more and helping you crush it at Waco!

• Options

Charlie, We can try again for a phone call.

https://calendly.com/new-member-phone-call/1?month=2019-06

or

We can chat here in this thread. I look forward to talking with you.

• Options

Matt. Huge apology on missing you. I forgot to connect with you back because well... I am not used to connecting with coaches LOL I set up a meeting for tomorrow which I will make! If you catch this before, my major points of advice needed are....

1. I last did 1/2 Galveston (what I could of it) finished 11.5 of the run before cancelled. I did very little after until about June 15th. During my training for that I was diagnosed with some pretty agressive deterioration of my kneecap on the outside and it tracks real crappy to the outside. This limited by run big time. I usually trained around 6:30 - 7:30 per mile and was hitting 9s mainly after mainly because of pain management. My main goal is just to do another race before I have surgery in November of this year. May need some advice real quick on that.
    2. I dont have quite as much of time as I would have liked to prepare for the waco race but figured I would go for it anyway. May need some advice on how to approach things. CHUSH it... I will not lol. Participate is good enough this time around.
    3. Given the 1 and 2 above I am happy to learn of any advice on how to approach the other two to of course limit the total time I am out there.

Thanks much and have a good day. Charlie B>

• Options

Charlie, Good to hear from you. Got it. Sorry to hear about your your knee. We'll talk more about some options tomorrow!

• Options
    edited July 16, 2019 3:57PM

Charlie, here is summary of our phone call. Please add any detail or ideas I missed.

Training for Waco 70.3 (27 Oct). Returning member. History as a runner, but recently developed a knee cap tracking issue that will require surgery after the race. Last race was 70.3 Galveston. Took some time off after the race. Short term focus is to get back some of the swim, bike and run fitness after taking that time off. Regain fitness primarily from swim and bike. Run for durability, no speed or intensity for the run. Run just enough to complete the run at Waco. Keep the knee healthy in order to do quality bike training. Slowly build run - using shorter more frequent runs. Avoid/limit longer runs. Protect the the knee. Use experience as runner (keep notes in Final Surge + app makes it easy) to keep the run goals under control. Remember to adjust the mental game for what is considered a "good run" - a good run is one that builds durability without impacting the downstream workouts. For this first few weeks back, modify the workouts to slowly build up a consistent workout rhythm that supports recovery. Check back in after a couple of weeks with Coach P and talk about what is working and what we still need to tweak.

Macro Guidance from Coach Patrick on modifying the run:

1. Reduce the intensity of your workouts first.
    2. Reduce the volume of your workouts second.
    3. Try to maintain the frequency of your workouts (4 runs per week, for example).
    4. Ask yourself, always "how will what I'm doing now affect my ability to successfully complete my downstream workouts?"

Example:

You have scheduled yourself to run four times per week at a variety of intensities adding up to Volume X. You wake up Monday to a 45' run at a mix of intensities from Zone 1 to Zone 3. Rather than blindly running the prescribed workout, you will:

• Pay very close attention to your body.
    • Turn down the intensity of the run to accommodate the forty five minutes (remember, volume has priority over intensity)
    • Be prepared to turn down the volume so you can retain your scheduled frequency across the week (#1 priority)
    • Assess the impact that the bullets above will have on downstream workouts.

See complete article here:

https://www.endurancenation.us/training/adjusting-your-triathlon-season-and-training-plan-for-injuries/

Great talking to you. Remember to follow this thread by clicking on the "star" and the check box just to the right of the thread title.

https://vimeo.com/348406270

Last - make sure you only sync with Garmin or Strava. Chose just one. Strava might be better in your case. Otherwise you will get double workouts posted in Final Surge.

• Options

Charlie, How is it going? I noticed your last sync'd workout in Final Surge was 5 July, I know we talked about Garmin vs. Strava as a data feed into Final Surge is everything OK?

@Charlie Blackburn

• Options

@Charlie Blackburn

Welcome to your SECOND MONTH  inside Endurance Nation! 

To help you continue your progress, we have a few short questions for you. You can copy the questions and put your answers in your reply to this thread (no need to copy the questions, just keep the numbers the same!). 

** Rankings **

Please rate the following items on a Scale of 1 to 3 (1 = Unsatisfactory,  2 = Satisfactory, 3 = Great!):

• Swim Fitness: 
    • Bike Fitness:
    • Run Fitness:
    • Weight / Body Composition:

** Subjective Information **

• What is Your Biggest Improvement So Far?
    • In What Area Do You Need Additional Support? 
    • Would You Recommend Endurance Nation to a Friend?

** Additional Learning **

Now that we are beyond the initial learning curve of Endurance Nation, it's time to give deeper into some additional resources that can really help you out. 

You have several options: 

** Need Coach Input? **

Don’t forget you can schedule a check in call with Coach Patrick online here: https://calendly.com/pmccrann/15min

We are looking forward to your answers!

• Options

Checking In

Hey Charlie,

I haven't see you in the Coach Thread or Final Surge.

Everything okay? 

Matt

5h · Email

Assigned to You as assignee of the message " Checking In " 5h ago

Yeah. All is good no have been basically away from home because of work and vacation since the 6th. Back on the 26th. I do want to chat because I have an adjustment I need to work out. Could probably be handled over the thread. We can talk too but let me know what you prefer. 

Charlie Blackburn

NAACCR, Inc.

33m · 

Charlie, 

Either way. Whatever is easier for you.

Here is the link to schedule a talk - here: https://calendly.com/new-member-phone-call/1 

Now · Not seen yet

• Options

OK So I am back in the mix. A few things need to be adjusted at least from my personal side. Let me know your thoughts.

1. Need to bail on Waco. July screwed things up majorly. Going to do Galveston in April 2020. I did the trianing over the winter last year and I survived. My scheduel just lightens up so much in October that it makes things much better.
    2. Pushing back the knee thing to 2020! Going to plan on doing Galveston in April and then possibly 1-2 Oly in May and June. Assess the knee through this process and see what happens.
    3. I loaded the 14 week outseason bike focus and like the looks of that program with adjusting the run as you told me and getting religious on the bike schedule you have there. I would still like to swim some so the program allows for that.
    4. Need to loose about 5-7 pounds during this outseason portion.
    5. Planning on doing the 20 week 1/2 program when needed for April race.

Also... although my knee is still not great (I mean I could knot go out there and do mile repeats at 6:30 pace) I think I may have found a reasonable method based on your recommendations. I need more time to see how it works. I have recently been using a patella strap and initially the results are pretty reasonable. No miracle but seems to be responding well. I just need more time to see how it goes. I the meantime, I want to continue with a program that keeps me focused. Let me know your thoughts.

• Options

Charlie, I'm glad to hear you are back in the mix! Thanks for the note and setting up the call. Making those kinds of decisions to change races is always tough, but Iike how you assessed your training and schedule then make the change. Galveston re-match. I love it!

The Bike Outseason Plan is exactly the right idea. The Outseason Plan Bike focused plan focuses on building strong bike with higher intensity interval workouts. Most folks do them on the trainer - either Zwift or trainer road. A large portion of the Team uses Zwift and there are 3-4 Endurance Nation specific "group" rides in Zwift and a lot of team camaraderie during the fall as more and more folks ride inside. We can talk some more about adjusting the intensity of the runs and focus on the durability first. You can fit the swimming in too, I would recommend getting into a good rhythm with the bike and the run workouts first, before adding the swim. Maybe replace a run day with the swim or shorten a run and swim on that day too. That way you can figure out the best day to add the swim without impacting the bike workouts. Establishing a good routine will help with consistency and the weight loss. We can shift to "Get Faster" plan, swim camp or swim focused block, or run focused block once you finish the OutSeason and then shift into the last 12 weeks of the Half-IM plan. I would recommend waiting to make those kinds of decisions after we see how this Outseason goes and see where you need to focus your time/energy for the best return on fitness. I look forward to talking more detail on the phone later today!

@Charlie Blackburn

• Options

Charlie, great to talk with you. Reseting for a spring race was a tough, but good call and lets you build some fitness and evaluate your knee. Like you said, you'll know after the next couple of weeks of the Outseason plan how things are going and you can confirm your next race. Give yourself a reminder to reach out to me or Coach Patrick towards the end of your Outseason. It will give us a chance to look at your training and fitness to recommend a next phase.

Here are the instructions for joining Discord when you are ready to include some Zwift. If you need additional detail Tim Sullivan & Brian Hagan@Brian Hagan are gurus at this stuff. Both are really active in that part of the Team community. Post to the thread below when you are ready. Tag them with the @ sign and they'll get you the settings or the invite etc.

https://endurancenation.vanillacommunities.com/discussion/comment/274091#Comment_274091

Here is the link for GroupMe Zwift chat. This is where the team organizes rides and posts about all things Zwift. If you want to find a Team ride - this is the place to do it. You will have to download the GroupMe plug-in for your computer and you can also get the App for your phone.

https://groupme.com/join_group/36550297/omhzBY8I

Here is the link for all things Zwift. See the middle of the page - Virtual Training (aka Zwift)

http://members.endurancenation.us/Resources/Wiki/tabid/91/topic/Biking/Default.aspx

Here is the link for the hip stretching. Jasyoga. https://www.jasyoga.com/ Check out her routines for runners, specifically the hip stretching and openers. Some folks have seen some improvement in knee pain by working their hip mobility and flexibility. It does require consistent work - the upside is her routines aren't complicated and typically last 10-15 minutes - if you are a TV watcher you can get it done then.

Talk to you soon. Matt

• Options

Charlie, Just checking in. What do you think of the Jasyoga? Any luck with the Discord and Zwift?

• Options

@Charlie Blackburn

Welcome to your THIRD MONTH  inside Endurance Nation! 

This month we focus on helping you become more independent as part of your growth as a Self-Coached Athlete.  Whether you are planning your season, preparing to race or transitioning to a new endurance challenge...Team Endurance Nation is ready to help!

If you haven’t done so already, please set up your Month Three Coach Call here.

** Training Focus **

We consider anytime in your season when you are more than 12 weeks away from your event to be a training focus. There are different phases of training (OutSeason®, General Prep, Sport Specific), but they are fall under the same umbrella. 

Now that you are through your first two months of Endurance Nation, You have learned a few key “rules” of how we play the game, and you are ready to take charge of your experience.

Training Lesson Recap:

• No single workout is more important than your health, or your season goal. 
    • Prioritize your “key” workouts each week, then fill the rest of your space. 
    • We can always fix over rested. We can’t fix broken, exhausted or sick.
    • Have a specific goal for each training block - what is the desired end state?

Taking Charge:

• You should be comfortable moving your own workouts around at this point. 
    • You can change plan ability levels as needed to keep yourself on track. 
    • You can use the Test Week at any time to confirm a fitness change. 
    • If you want to take a different path that we suggest...do it and keep us posted!

** Racing Focus **

Once you are within the final 12 week window to your event, it’s time to really focus. From key workouts to nutrition to logistics, there’s a great deal to cover. There’s a fine line between a great day and a day where you want a total do-over. 

Key components of your final push should include: 

• Simulation Workouts to replicate the mental, physical and nutritional scenario you expect on race day.
    • A tried and true nutrition plan for your event; this is your last chance to lock it in!
    • Draft and review of a Race Plan to make sure you are 100% ready to take this on.
    • Optional rest as needed, and a defined taper in the last two to three weeks as necessary. 
    • 13 Weeks out from your race you should be getting a race preparation email and an invitation to GroupMe - if you haven’t gotten that yet - let us know! 

** Additional Support **

In addition to The Forums and other Team-related support, you still have the chance to connect with Coach Patrick across your first year. Right now it’s time for your three month call with Coach Patrick; and you can book it here.

Tip: Find all your other call windows across your first year, please visit the EN Staff page

Be sure to check out our Three Year Plan in Resources / Wiki so you can see how we recommend improving from season to season. 

Coach Phone Consults

If you are looking for support above and beyond the traditional Endurance Nation experience, you can book a consult with Coach Patrick. These are billed at $100/hour and Can be on almost any training or racing topic. Please click here to learn more / get started. 

Congratulations for moving forward with you training as you build to your race goals. We can’t wait to see what you are capable of this season!

~ Team EN

• Options

@Charlie Blackburn how are things going for you as we hit the end of August? It’s a big time of year transitioning into September, and it would be great to know how you’re doing. 👍

• Options

Matt,

Reaching out here as I think I am ready for something specific. I am set and registered for Texas 70.3 in April 2020. I think the first version of my Outseason is nearing an end. My stats are not showing well for some reason because my indoor rides from Kickr get to Strava but those data do not show in Final Surge. However, when I bike outside, my garmin does show in final surge. Just not the Kickr to Strava data. Any help would be appreciated. I have been coaching cross country 6 days a week so given all that I have still been doing OK with training. Not perfect but good to go! Let me know how I should load a new plan and look toward my April race. I still have to baby my knee but I am finding a way around it. I am confident I can get to 13 miles but it will have to be slow and I am OK with that. I will wait to hear word. Thanks

• Options

Charlie - Good to hear from you!

About your Kickr data not showing in Final Surge. The simplest solution would be to try connecting your Strava account to your Final Surge account instead of your Garmin. So you will need to disconnect your Garmin from Final Surge (you can only have a single data feed into Final Surge). All of your Garmin activities (outside runs and bikes) I assume are already going into Strava - so this will most likely be your best option. What do you think?

Plan for Texas 70.3 Take a look at your Final Surge calendar and let me know what you think.

Loaded the HIM bike focused plan (20 weeks) starting 4 Nov.

I loaded the HIM Bike focused plan to start on Nov 4 - in order to build on the bike work you have done already and keep the run volume down while adding a swim component. It repeats week 7, twice, over Christmas/New Year holiday because this is usually a disruptive time to training. You will then pick up the plan on 6 January and continue as normal. This way - as long as you have some consistency and frequency during this period - the progression of the training will still work. It also repeat week 1 of the plan so you can get used to the new workout format and transition from the Outseason. This plan starts you back swimming - so depending on your schedule and how confident you are in your swimming - we can start that early or later but, you need to be swimming by the January (12 weeks out from the race). Were you able to do the bike intervals, ABP rides or Cruise and Crush rides? Take a look at that plan and see if it works for you.

Please let me know what you think.

• Options

Matt,

Thanks. I actually only have one synced and that is Strava. it is weird. It is only data that originates from Kickr Wahoo. I see it in strava but will not transfer to final surge. I synced it and re synced it also. Still same.

I will dig into the plan today.

• Options

Also, in regard to the clarification or issue above with Strava... Not sure if you can help I wanted to clarify a couple of things.

1. I see week 1 repeat in November and the repeat near X mas and new years. I will get with you later but I actually have time off during that period and wondered if the timing would benefit for a "bike week" period.
    2. Am I seeing right that I swim 2 X most weeks?
    3. Yes. I was able to do the 2:30 rides followed with the cruise and crush the next day. These are indoors but I have done it in the past. I try to get outside and ride every 7-10 days or so but now that my cross country coaching is over I can get out easier on nice days.
  • Options

Fat scratch on anythign for the account not uploaded. Two accounts!!! UGH. I am in process of fixing it. Thanks

• Options

@Charlie Blackburn

1. Yes - we can work a bike week into that Christmas / New Year's period. We can work on it after Thanksgiving - that will give us a chance to specifically develop what you want to work on.
    2. Yes. We have no swimming right now and we have to start swimming sometime. That sometime and frequency depends on how comfortable you are with swimming, how quickly you develop swim fitness, and of course your schedule. Talk to me about how you feel about those things and we can adjust. Texas 70.3 is early apr so - 12 weeks out is essentially the early Jan. That is no kidding swim time.
    3. Great. Those rides are key. We use them as the building blocks for future volume. The ABP back to back with the cruise and crush ride gets alot of quality in during those days. That's good news.

Let me know more about how you want to approach your swimming.

• Options

Swimming.... I like swimming. I have reasonable access to a good YMCA pool. I can swim probably most week 3X a week. I am good with whatever duration you want. My fitness usually does pretty well (for my relative speed. My faster 100s (yards) were in the 1:30 - 1:27 range once I got going. I went and looked at data from last year. October swims hard 100s were 1:42 ish. November was 1:32 ish. BY the time I got to Januray / Febraury I was under 1:30s for 100's .

The tridot program last year had me in there 4 X a week with 1:00 minimum and usually 1:20. They had me regularly at 2,90 0 - 3,0000+ yards. That got long when you add admin and travel. The net result was not that much faster. I swam a 34.31. which was about average for me at 70.3 Texas. I dont mind doing that much once and a while but would rather be under that some. I can usually devote 1 hr in water. I am happy to do some longer stuff 1:15-1:20 if you think it will move the needle more but hard to do it each and every workout.

Thanks

• Options

@Charlie Blackburn That is some solid swim fitness and a good reference point. I don't see any reason to swim more than 2x week between now and after the turn of the year that we can look at how you are progressing and make a shift in either intensity or frequency - but either way we can get it done in an hour or less. Lets see how you feel and progress. If you focus or prioritize one thing over the next few weeks - its the bike. We want to maintain and develop that bike even more and keeping the knee healthy. I like your idea of Bike camp - we should keep that in mind for the holiday if you have the time. That good be a good change in training stimulus about that time.

• Options

OK Thanks. I will proceed in that way. I am kinda itching to get in the pool so I may tinker a little with that but keep the other stuff on track as the schedule says. Just do some drills and things. I think I am good for now. I appreciate your replies and advice. I like this method of coaching for the cost. The value is high because I still get a little attention. All good for now. Have a good one. CB

• Options

@Charlie Blackburn can you send me a public url for a kickr ride that doesn't transfer from Strava to Final Surge? Or did you solve this already by sorting out the dual Strava accounts?

• Options

@Charlie Blackburn Your problem with the 15+' intervals is not unusual. Once we get your data loaded in Final Surge it will help you to tailor those intervals a bit more. More than likely, you just need a bit more time at @z4 lower durations like 2x 12' + 1x 5 (for a total of 17' of work) or Maybe the jump in duration from the previous interval time was a bit too much. If the drop occurs at 12' then we need to shoot for 13' and the 14' then 15' as a progression. We can also go with 2x8' with short rest like 1' or 2' minutes. What we really want to do is increase time at quality Z4 work, keeping in mind the goal of sustained time 15+'. Both (adding a bit more time at shorter durations adding up to more overall time or sneaking up on the 15' barrier) are good ways too get there. Its smarter to adjust the interval a bit in order to get the quality work in. Either approach can work - since you recover okay and are able to start the next interval - that is a good sign. If you were completely smoked from the first interval - that would be a different story.

I'm interested to see what the rest of the community says too.

• Options

@matt limbert That is exactly the type of thing I was wondering and wanting to hear. I have a FTP test next Wednesday and wanted to work out some things prior as the new portion of training begins. I will see where it goes and tinker with it if needed.

• Options

@matt limbert Hello Matt. I think this may be a quick question to you because I have read it on the forum and the wiki site. I am planned to do a power test today. I use a Kickr. Am I reading right that I do the 5 min Vo2 and the threshold 20 min test in one session. Of course with the prescribed rest as with wiki says. Never did the 5 min test prior so I just want to be 100% sure. Any advice on how to tackle both in one session or just go crazy on both. I assume a 5 min test will sting the 20 min test a little. Is that the plan?

• Options

@matt limbert Sorry one last thing. Protocol for you EN calls for Normalized power. I only ever see that on my garmin. Strava gives me weighted average which I know if similar yet different in calculations. Recommendations on what I do here? Thanks

• Options
    Charlie,
    Yeah. 5' + then as much rest as you need/want + 20'

Go crazy on both. The 5' will sting. Build into it if you want.

Don't worry about the Strava v. Garmin. We will use the Garmin number.

Get after it.
    Every time you ask yourself how much you want it. The answer is always -
    more!
  • Options

@matt limbert Thanks but I actually wont have a garmin number because it will go from Kickr to Strava. Those will be the only two I have right?