Homeβ€Ί Community Forum 🏠
Options

Where's the Best Place For Race-Specific Team Interaction?

Moving an issue from EN Live to the Forum. Should there be race-specific GroupMe Chats, or is it better to include the larger EN community in pre-race discussions/sharing of workouts, pain knowledge, via, say, a thread in the "Races and Places" or "Races" categories?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

I like a mix of both. I don’t want to bog the main threads down with hotel logistics, dinner etc..., so that’s a good spot for race specific. I also like the forums for the weekly workout mojo. Anyone can read, but it was helpful to me when we used to do that.

• Options

The cool thing about forums is anyone can go in and follow. I like going in and reading sometimes even if I am not doing race

• Options

The Races and Places forum could be good for that as well.

For example, back in the day, I would never have found a hotel in Guerneville for Vineman without someone posting it on a random forum. Two years after the post, I was able to get that info and use it.

• Options

I am a bigger fan of the forums. I find that groupme is like a river and you get what you get where you jump in. The forums are like a lake that you can cruise around and find information from hours/days/months/years later. There is a value in that.

I would suggest - daily banter in the usual groupmes which can include IM specific (you can make your nickname your IM) like Scott Dinhofer (IMLP)

I think the Groupme is great the way it was initially used a few years ago for race week communications.

• Options

The river - lake analogy is good. @scott dinhofer

Anyone can join in on the forum or on the race groupme.

• Options

Forums of other races helped me in deciding on future races in addition to all advantages listed above!

• Options

I think forums could be more productive if when the race thread opens, all who are signed up for the race get an email to bookmark the thread and then all would get email updates of thread and reminder of a new comment/question and thereby faster response then current.

• Options

I agree with @scott dinhofer. The forums provide a living history for all future racers to learn from. I have learned a ton by reading old forum posts and race reports. Groupme is great for race time meetups, last minute issues (does anyone have a spare bike computer?) etc.

Either one is good for training MOJO but Groupme is probably better since once the event is over it isn't wasting forum space.

• Options

forums please.