Homeโ€บ General Training Discussions

Zwifting with Ventum

Just received my Ventum and I'm anxious to get back on Zwift. The guy who put my bike together told me I should try and limit taking off the back wheel. When I zwift, I take off my back wheel. For anyone that Zwifts with a Ventum, is removing the back wheel frequently an issue or is there anything I should remember to do if i'm going to do it frequently?

Tagged:

Comments

• It's fine. IIRC, I think there are some limit screws in there so keep the proper tension on the chain...those can move in/out over time and could affect your wheel alignment / chain tension.

Not to mention that whichever one you are on more will see a merging of chain + that cassette.

Tons of time on my kickr means my chain likes the kickr cassette....it likely will struggle to fit on the actual wheel cassette now so many months later!

~ Coach P

PICTURES PLEASE

• @maurice matthews I can second the limit screw comment from Coach P. I ride a P5 with a KICKR and have found when I put my rear wheel back on it can be crooked in the drops because one or both of the limit screws has moved in. It doesn't happen to often and only takes 30 seconds to re-adjust.

• @Jeff Phillips Do you mind uploading a pic of the limit screws?

• @maurice matthews as I put in GroupMe the other night. Pic of limit screw below. Easy to adjust, but can get pushed in moving bike from a direct drive trainer (I have a KIKCR). You'll know one of them is off if your back wheel is crooked when you put it back on for an outside ride.