Homeβ€Ί Racing Forum 🏎
Options

My Leadville 100 Redemption Story

You can read my Leadville 100 race report in one of the below formats. It was a blast racing with @tim cronk, @Clark Mitchell, and @Tim Sullivan! @Mark Cardinale was the best pacer ever! @Stephanie Stevens and @Bill Manard brought the EN mojo!

My Leadville 100 Redemption Story in MS Word

My Leadville 100 Redepmtion Story in PDF

Thanks for reading!

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

Great redemption story. So glad I was there to witness and be part of it. While I’m going to purposely miss out on BFC and Moab240 I don’t think we are done yet. A SD trip is a damn near certainty this winter! Congrats on Leadville!

• Options

@Gabe Peterson I loved the read and super stoked for you. There is nothing better than a redemption victory. Whats the story with the CBD Balm?

• Options

@tim cronk looking forward to loads more crazy adventures together! Next year, we do an ultra in San Diego as an EN Key Race!

@Patrick Large thanks! Hope we get to do one of these adventures together one day. I'd love to do a race or adventure run in Europe tagged onto one of my UK trips. The CBD Balm is MuscleMX. Looks like you can order it online now. It seemed to reverse the soreness in my legs. It didn't feel like an analgesic where it was just masking the pain. I used it several times during Leadville and it worked for 3-5 hours each time. It may have just been the placebo effect, but it worked for me.

• Options

very nice work. glad you came back to the venue and got it done. best to your daughter.

side note::: on top of everything you guys had to deal with wet feet. must be tough not to get tremendous blisters.

• Options

@Gabe Peterson How is your daughter?

I'd love to connect with you here in Europe. London to Amsterdam is about 42 min flying time πŸ˜€ Even if it's for a day and you fly out the next. Amsterdam is an awesome city. And if you don't mind sleeping on pink sheets, you are always welcome at our house. (my daughters room doubles as the guest room πŸ˜€)

CBD Balm: The placebo effect is real. Who cares why it works if it works.

And would love to get a race together. There is nothing exciting in the UK or Holland, but a ton of amazing racing in Europe. Congrats again on your finish, such badass. Glad to hear SD is treating you well.

• Options

Fantastic read @Gabe Peterson , thanks for sharing. Almost makes one wanna see the sunrise and a full moon over Turquoise Lake! Maybe not in the middle of an ultra tho.... Congratulations!

• Options

Great read Gabe, truly inspirational and just in awe of all you have overcome to earn that finish, congrats!

• Options

Gabe, I;ve been following your adventures for a few years now, on EN and through Strava postings. Your buoyant optimism, endless energy, and steely resolve were all on epic display this race. Keep that mash-up going another couple of months, and let it pull you positively through that Moab insanity...

• Options

@robin sarner thanks, appreciate the thoughts for my daughter. The wet feet wasn't so bad. If I encountered water during training, I'd deliberately run through it to toughen my feet. I'm a big fan of XOSkin socks. I finished without a single blister or foot issue.

@Patrick Large we should definitely connect during one of my UK trips. I usually like to stay over a weekend to make the trip worthwhile.

@Jenn Edwards it's a sight to behold Turquoise Lake at sunrise. Keep hanging out in the Ultrarunning GroupMe and maybe we'll tempt you into an ultra. πŸ˜‰

@scott dinhofer thanks, it was a long, strange trip but ended in a great place.

@Al Truscott I would never have dreamed these kind of adventures would be possible without all the encouragement you and a handful of others gave me when I joined EN back in 2014. I remember all your advice when I was doing my first triathlon as an EN athlete, the Hanson Dam Olympic Tri, and then later that year for Ironman Arizona.

It is always a huge boost knowing the EN community is watching. I went back through the GroupMe threads after the race and there was so much mojo as the team followed the four of us.