Homeβ€Ί Races & Places πŸβ›Ί
Options

2020 Ghost Train Ultra EN Key Race

The Ghost Train will be Endurance Nation's first Ultra Key Race in October 2020. There seems to be a lot of interest within EN. Located in southern NH , this is a perfect Ultra for beginners and PR's. Don't be fooled the distances are real and there is no such thing as easy. Low key, inexpensive, 9am start, Halloween Theme, and as many miles as you can do in a 30hr time frame on the 15mile mostly abandoned railroad bed out and back course. There are NO DNF's and you get credit for any completion of 30,45,60,75,90,100 miles. NOTE: there is also a 15 mile and relay option. The course layout simplifies planning and is spectator friendly. There are many ways to enjoy The Ghost Train, Run, Pace, Volunteer! The first 30hr EN Party!

My Plans- To be honest I was not planning to do this one again , only because I like to be in AZ by mid October :-)... Although mid to late October in NH is perfect for the Ultra distance. Since this is NOW a KEY race I plan to be there. Its a long way off so my plans may change, but at the moment, I may register, however, more than likely I will just spectate/pace . Pacing is allowed to any runner after they have completed 2 laps or 30 miles. Heather will be going for the 100k distance and I will pace her for her last 2 laps, then I may pace any EN'ers looking for company in the last couple laps.

IF you are at all interested in the 2020 Ghost Train. This is what I would recommend.

1. Register ASAP as it sells out fast. Its a no frills $55 dollars entry fee, bring food for AS, and you can order a Buckle separately if your going for the 100 , or wait to finish (there are usually a few extra that got purchased but not earned). Be nice and as soon as you know you will not show up due to life, injury , etc, turn in your slot to the RD. No, I dont think you get any money back but they do a great job with the waitlist and every single year since its inception they have got through the entire waitlist as people cancel last minute.
  2. If you miss registering and it sells out, get on wait list ASAP, train as if you will get in. You will.
  3. Show up for the party and pace somebody.
  4. Show up for the party and volunteer.
  5. Show up for the party :-)

Below are links for INFO and my Ghost Train RR. Any questions , relative to this specific race, ultra distance , or race location are welcome.

Tagged:

Comments