Home General Training Discussions
Options

2019 Stryd Panel in Kona - Help Request

Team - I’ll be speaking in the Stryd Run Powermeter Panel in Kona this Thursday on using Stryd to manage heat and humidity.

Would love your questions or insights or advice. I’ll be sitting down with some smart folks so I can get you some real answers!! 😂

Thanks in advance,

~ Coach P

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

@Coach Patrick I used Stryd's Race Power Predictor xls file for my most recent IM ... which seemed straightforward enough ... but there were no specific instructions I could find, nor an explanation (even high level) of the logic they were using to calculate Target Power given changes in Heat, Humidity and Altitude. I'm wondering if that information exists somewhere?

• Options

Total game changer for me. After collecting data for months, started paying attention to power a few weeks before IMLP, got a good number. We all have those times on a run where we feel like we aren’t “in stride” but you look at your power number and see you are exactly where you should be. Changes the whole psychology of the run.

• Options

I have the stryd power pod, but don't know how to use the data to project good race target numbers. Then do I set a power range to account for hills? Does Garmin 935 have one screen that will do power or a power range? I know these are newbie questions and the information is probably somewhere I haven't found yet.

• Options

@Sue DeJesus - you have to add a power field to your garmin.. go to stryd site and search there on how to do it. https://support.stryd.com/hc/en-us/categories/360000093853-Stryd

• Options

@scott dinhofer I do have power as a field on my Garmin, but I don't know how to use the numbers from my long training runs to determine the best race range. Where would I find that information?