Home General Training Discussions
Options

NOS Bike Tune Up!

OK NOS folks,

As you all know, your Out Season officially starts Monday 10/28.  Whether this is your first or your 6th (me) Out Season with the team,  there are a few things that you should do to get the most benefit from the next 3 months:

1. Go here and read.  Even though I have done the OS multiple times, I always find good information that may not have been applicable to my situation the last time that I was doing the OS.  A refresher is always a good idea!
  2. Take your trusty steed to the Local Bike Shop and get it tuned up. He/she is going to have some serious miles thrown at it in the near future and a mechanical failure can disrupt the flow of the OS for sure.
  3. Get your pain cave set up the way that you need for it to be.  Many folks already are dialed in and this is great but if you have been outdoors riding, you may need to think about what you need to do to be ready.  Do it now.
  4. Get your Final Surge Account set up and put in the OS workout of your choice (Bike Focused is my Fave) and lock in the start date of 10/28/19
  5. Go to the Heads or Tails Document and put in your information.  It is easy to skip this after you have done the OS a few times but DO IT NOW. This gives you accountability to know that you have hard goals to shoot for.
  6. If you have not signed up for Trainer Road or Zwift, consider doing this.  I have done both and both work well for the OS workouts.  I am currently doing more Zwift as it lends itself to the team aspect of the Out Season with group rides and cool virtual swag.  Go to the team Zwift thread for all of the details on setup and team rides.
  7. For bonus fun, set up Discord to chat during team events.  It makes the pain more bearable just to know you are not alone.
  8. Also consider setting up Groupme for ongoing short chatter and routine smacktalk. #wrongchat

There are lots of style points that we will discuss as the OS progresses but these basic preparations will help you get the most out of your time in the OS. I will be posting a weekly bike thread interestingly enough titled "NOS Bike Week x" where everyone can share their successes and challenges as we work through this together. If you are a New member, feel free to ask whatever questions you need answered. If I do not know the answer, there is certainly a more experienced member who will and we will get you an answer.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

Can you point me to the thread that has the info on getting the EN WKOS in Zwift? Thanks!

• Options

I’m not sure what to do with these.... I need even more basic info like “how to do EN OS WKOS in Zwift”

• Options

@Kim DuBord Here's what works for me:

1. Click on one of the links in Patrick's post above; takes2020_OS_L3_ you to box.com. You'll see a line for each set of workouts.
    2. Click to the right on a line, you'll see "..." [More Options]. Click to download.
    3. [On the Mac, at least], Open the computer's "Documents" folder. Find a folder called "Zwift" [assumoing you are already a signed and paid up member of Zwift]. Inside that, find a folder called "Workouts". Inside that, you should see a folder labeled with a six digit # 9this is your Zwift ID).
    4. Put the files you downloaded (not the whole folder) into that folder in #4 above.
    5. Open Zwift as usual
    6. Select whatever course you want to ride (if you're going for Tron bike, pick the Alpe!)
    7. Select the button labeled "Training" (below the courses)
    8. 8 You should see a list of custom workouts; scroll to find the one you want. It will be labeled something like "2020_OS_L3_BF_Wk1_Tue" Click on it.
    9. Click on Ride!
  • Options

I can confirm what Al said also works for the PC as well. This is what Zwift says for PC/Mac:

Add to your library: Any .zwo files to your Documents\Zwift\Workouts\<<Numeric Zwift ID>> folder. These will be added to your custom workouts menu the next time you launch the game.

If your on AppleTV, iOS or something else there is some guidance on Zwift's site here. However it a bit limited here, and still may require the use of a computer.

• Options

@Kim DuBord great to see you back in the house! once you go Zwift, you will never go back.

• Options

@Al Truscott I did the above to load into zwift on my PC but for some reason I don't see the outseason in the training section. Not sure where to go from here.

• Options

Where do I find the OS workouts for TrainerRoad? And are there instructions on how to access them and make them work via TrainerRoad?

• Options

@Keith Shireman make sure that you quit zwift and restart. They may be in a folder under workouts.