Home Announcements 🎙
Options

[NEW] 2020 Spring Volume Camp in AZ (March 18th to the 22nd)

edited February 25, 2020 5:23PM in Announcements 🎙

Team,

Super eExcited to have this volume camp option for all you early 2020 racers. We'll be on the ground in the Oro Valley (@tim cronk stomping grounds) for 4+ days of swim bike run fun.

This camp is perfect for athletes competing at IM Texas, IM St. George and IM Tulsa

Note: Yes, if you just want to ride all day, you are welcome too...we'll figure it out!

Full details are available online here: https://mile18inc.com/2020-spring-volume-camp/

Registration is first come first served, with max of 20 spots. The camp is open to the Team as of Today (11/08/2019) and will be publicized to the broader Endurance Nation community starting next week.

Really hope you can make it!!

~ Coach P

💥 Roster Update as of 11/08/2019 💥

@Shaughn Simmons

@Stephanie Stevens

@Kori Martini

@Mike Roberts

@Nam Lam

@Sid Wavrin

+ Super Sherpa Guru @tim cronk 🎉

Comments

• Options

Woohoo. The hotel is 10 minutes from my house. I’ll be tapering for UMAZ during the camp time frame, leaving on the 24Th, to race the 27th-29th. So I would like to volunteer to help out.

• Options

Recommended bike shop where everyone is renting bikes?

• Options

I am planning on bringing my own bike..

• Options

@Shaughn Simmons Since I have no direct experience or feedback for renting bikes in the area. I did some googling last night. There are a lot of bike shops in the Tucson area, I did not see any of them renting TT bikes but they probably do, many of them appear to deliver the rental bikes so it may not be necessary to use one nearby. However March is probably the peak Camp season , in fact I was talking to a guy yesterday who is running a camp starting right before ours and going past it, so I would definitely recommend lining something up ASAP if you plan to go with a rental.

• Options

@tim cronk - thanks for the input.

I was thinking of renting a road bike for the volume camp. Others?

Assuming most will rent local and not have to travel with bikes, excluding @Scott Alexander, it might be a smart option for us to band together, and rent from same shop?

Others chime in here for preference.....

• Options

I decided to reserve the High End Full Carbon Trek road bike per above bike shop and requested they deliver it to the Holiday Inn & Suites....free helmet also included.....

• Options
    edited November 12, 2019 4:19PM
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6029573/uploads/593/ZW8D8L9S9B3U.jpg There was an error displaying this embed.

If you choose to go this route, you will get a reservation confirmation like the one above........

• Options
    Shaughn, will that helmet be able to handle the speeds at which you'll be
    riding!!?!? 🚀
  • Options

Does this camp have a day scheduled to cycle up Mt. Lemmon ?

• Options

@David Ambrose That's TBD. Mt Lemmon is the other side of town...is it on your bucket list?

• Options

Yes; on a road bike

• Options

@tim cronk UMAZ?? I did not know this existed. Al lot of that is near my house. Let me know if I can provide any support. I think I have actually ridden the bike course form my house to Lake Pleasant.

• Options

@David Ambrose - I am not doing ST George so I am game for anything, if you want to ride Mt Lemmon, count me in!

@ Everyone - I am looking at flights back east and it seems like it may be best to take a Monday morning flight, is anyone thinking of staying over Sunday night?

• Options
    I haven't looked at flights yet back east, honestly getting the camp
    off the ground has taken significant energy.

One of the reasons we started a day earlier was so that folks who
    wanted / needed to bail early Sunday could...

~ Coach P
  • Options

I may jump in if slots still available when i can decide. a bit short notice to arrange vacation but will see.

thanks for setting this up.

• Options

@scott dinhofer you may want to look at flights out of Phoenix. Its only 1.5-2 hour drive and a lot more options.

• Options

@Gary Lewis - thanks, was wondering about that, but looks like I locked in a couple of decent flights into Tucson. in hindsight, the drive would have been nice!

• Options
    edited November 30, 2019 11:38PM

I’m doing IMSG. I’m really interested in this, but I want to know how much it’s going to cost. What’s the total registration fee?

*** It looks like maybe the deposit is $250 and the total cost is $500? It says that there are two equal payments several days out from the camp, but I’m not sure how much the “equal payments” are

I’ve never been to a training camp before. Do most people rent equipment? I’m kind of interested in having my own bike to ride. Is it a nightmare trying to travel with all of your equipment?

• Options

Jay, I replied to you in GroupMe but putting this here too. The camp fee is $500 all in, the lodging is on you to sort out (we have a lodging deal, you can room with teammates). Most folks will travel with their stuff from my experience, but you could rent a bike if you needed to.

Basically if you list the challenges, we'll find the solutions!

~ Coach P

• Options

@Coach Patrick excellent! I’m hoping to sign up.