Home Racing Forum 🏎
Options

IMMT 2020 Training Camp?

Hey ENers - particularly those interested in IMMT. Any interest in having an informal training camp or joining another one? Setting up this thread to discuss/share knowledge.

@Larry Peters @Alexander E Evis - who else?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

Awesome @Andrew Lustigman ! Thanks for moving this conversation forward! I'm definitely hoping to train on the IMMT course in July. I assume Colin Cook would host an inexpensive camp there again, but Hoff suggested otherwise. I emailed Colin today and CC'd you.

If Colin isn't leading that camp, I'd be happy to (co-) organize a member-led weekend camp (with the caveat that I've never trained there). We could book an AirBnB or something and use the race rehearsal training schedule w/ guidance from Coach P. We could watch/discuss some of the old EN videos/podcasts about racing the IMMT course together too, maybe?

• Options

Rob Peters heard back form Colin - he is planning on a camp on July 23 - 26.

"Yes, I do plan to host another IMMT training camp in 2020. It is tentatively planned for 7/23 - 7/26. I will add you and your two teammates onto the interested list and reach out when I start finalizing the numbers of people planning to attend. :)

--

Gratefully,

Colin Cook

Peak Triathlon Coaching Head Coach

NorthEast MultiSport Club President

Age Grouper For Life Podcast Cohost

Colin@PeakTriCoaching.com

(978) 337-6717

• Options

Put me down for the "probably" list.  

• Options
    edited December 21, 2019 3:12PM

Woah!! @Dave Tallo is doing IMMT 2020?!?! That is awesome. I just read in zwift group me that @Vincent Sivirine ! @Vincent Sivirine are you interested in a July IMMT long weekend training camp on the IMMT course?

@Dave Tallo , I'm guessing @Andrew Lustigman and I are going to do that camp with Colin Cook mentioned above, since he organizes one every year and will have a group of athletes going. I'm guessing he would be happy to add you to the list if you email him (and I should add that @Coach Patrick is the one that recommended Colin as a contact for an IMMT camp).

I'm excited to find out about more people racing IMMT 2020!

• Options

This sounds fun. Definitely on my list for the future, but I don’t think I can do it this year.

• Options

So tagged @Bill Manard ! Check it out! I hope you join us too!!

• Options

@Larry Peters I would really like to join you and others at the IMMT camp but i usually go back to France each July to see my family there, so i would need to be back by 7/22 latest. I will try to make it work but need few more weeks before i can commit.

• Options

@Brent Pilon @keiko ogasawara tsgging you here because I read on Facebook you are doing IMMT 2020! Awesome! There is a solid group of EN folks racing there in 2020 and some of us are going to try and do a training camp on course in July (see above). Let us know if you are interested!

• Options

Thank you for the info, Larry Peters.

IMMT will be my second IM and (compare to my first IM,Maryland) I am overwhelmed by its elevation already...

I was looking for a IMMT training camp and is really interested in ,but for now I am not 100% sure if I can attend the camp on July. Just like Vincent Sivirine mentioned, I usually visit my family in Japan and also may moving to NC on July,2020... if so, I'll be too tired from traveling around before IMMT... if the date is for the earlier June,I may be able to join for sure though...

• Options

@Brent Pilon , @Shelley Kirkpatrick , @Lee Ann O'Regan , @Evan O'Regan I think are all members that will be training for IMMT 2020. Please keep us posted on any training camps. July 23/26 is a weekend that Brent and I could possibly make.

Cheers,

Shelley

• Options

hey @Larry Peters thank you for the message, we would definitely be interested in a training weekend. as of right now, we are available july 23-26. keep me posted on what works for you and everyone else. happy training

• Options

Ok, awesome! Glad to have you all interested @Shelley Kirkpatrick and @Brent Pilon ! At this point, the camp that @Andrew Lustigman and myself are looking at is run by another group. They said they are open to having us join. I encourage you to reach out to him to tell him you are interested:

Colin@PeakTriCoaching.com

I was scheduled to attend his camp last year and it was pretty cheap (but I broke my collarbone and couldn't go).

It sounds like we have a big EN group for IMMT. That is awesome!