Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Akeo Tatsumi

Here's your personal Coach Thread, as promised. This is where you'll return to post all your "coach" questions as responses; I'll see them and reply. This first post is here to guide you through your first year on EN, so you can always come back here.

As you'll see in this forum, I handle all manner of edits and changes. So post away, know that I reply here usually M/W/F each week.

Power User Tip: Click the Star icon by the Title of this thread to subscribe, and you'll get email updates when I do reply.

Coach Notes

‼️My typed notes for you:

1. We need to get you run healthy.
  2. We need to build your run for the marathon, but without pressure. We don't want to injure you.
  3. No injury because  of all your races, I think IM Taiwan is your best chance for Kona (see Image below).
  4. No injury also because  you have a long year and starting off on the wrong foot (sorry for the bad joke!) will not help us achieve your finish line goals.

‼️Your Homework / Questions for You

• What Race is more important to you: the marathon or IM Taiwan?
  • What make you consider the 2020 season a success?

Your Races

• 02/16/2020 Full marathon(Target time 3:09:59)
  • 04/12/2020 IM Taiwan Full distance
  • Ironman UK (2020-07-12) #IMUK_20
  • TBT 2020 IM Gurye Full distance

Your Notes

I cracked my left rib (near clavicle) 7th Sep 2019. I could’t swim until IM Malaysia. I feel a little uncomfortable when I swim still now, but not pain.

I hurt my peroneuse brevis at IM Malaysia. I haven’t run & bike since the race.

I am not going to run all of November.

My full marathon PB is 3:15:06 Nov 2018

Swim

I go to a triathlon swimming class(1hour) every Thursday night.

I sometimes go to other triathlon swimming class every other week.

I swim 1’05-10 cycle/ 50m

Bike

My FTP is 209w 3.66w/kg (Aug 2019). I think it’s lower now.

I ride a bike around 100km outside once a week or every other week. I only occasionally do Zwift during warm wether. 

I do only Zwift during Winter(Nov~Mar). because I'm very sensitive to cold specially toes.

Run

I run 2-3times a week, 12km for 1 hour.

Season Outline

These are your recommended training plans, including the date you should start each one (sometimes you won't complete a full plan but transition to another one). You can change your plans on Final Surge by clicking on Training Plans / My Plans. Learn more about each plan on the Training Plan Central Page.

>> Last updated by Coach on November 19, 2019

• On 12/2/2019 Load the  -- Durability for Runners 2 (8 months out) -- 4 weeks to end on 12/29/2019
  • On 12/30/2019 Load the  -- EN Full Bike Focused  to end on 4/12/2020
  • On 4/13/2020 Load the  -- Post Half Iron Transition Plan, All Levels (2wks) to end on 4/26/2020
  • On 4/27/2020 Load the  -- EN Full Run Focused to end on 7/12/20
  • On 7/13/2020 Load the  -- Post Half Iron Transition Plan, All Levels (2wks) to end on 7/26/2020
  • On 7/27/2020 Load the  -- EN Full Bike Focused  to end on TBD
  • On TBD Load the  -- Post Ironman Transition Plan, All Levels (4wks) to end on TBD</p>

Training Plan Support in Your First Month

You can connect with @matt limbert as needed in your first month to get dialed in with your training plans and data. You can set up a call with him online here: https://calendly.com/new-member-phone-call/1 and he'll be on this thread shortly!

Start Learning

Every month we hold live events as part of our commitment to make you just as smart as you are fit. Feel free to visit our Coach Lesson page and our Office Hours page to find the next opportunity to connect with Coach Patrick and your Teammates.

Contact Points

As part of your journey to becoming a Self Coached Triathlete inside TeamEN, we are prepared to give you excellent support for your first 90 days. Our goal is to transition you from live, in-person support to using our digital resources and the Team to help you continue your progress as you execute your Three Year Plan.

These are all the key points in your first year where we must talk. Please remember to include your phone number.

• Welcome Call in Week One (set it up here)
  • Training Plan Call in Week Two to talk about your season (set it up here)
  • End of Trial Call -- We review your experience & Unlock Year One / Race Execution for you (set it up here)
  • End of Season Call -- We review your year & Strategize for your End of Year Gap and Year Two (TBD in this Coach Thread)

Questions

• Coach Questions - Right here in this thread. Always reply to this same thread, it keeps a record for us as we evolve together!
  • General Questions - Simple stuff can go to the General Discussion Forum for the Team to answer. For example, Best Bike? How to improve run cadence? How to flip turn?
  • Need Help? - Please check the EN Help Site first!
  • Admin Questions - Billing or orders or whatnot? Use the red chat button at the bottom of the Members Site (not forums) or email us here.
  • Specific Questions about a Race or Power, etc? - You can post those into the General Discussion Forum and set the title or tags for that topic. Race questions to the Racing Forum, etc. Not sure where to post? Put it in the General Discussion forum and we will sort it out. Whatever you do, PLEASE ask your questions!!

For short or last minute questions, we recommend you use the Red Chat Icon on the main Members website.

We have also organized a complete chart of the best ways to contact us online here.

Your First Month on the Team

You have quite a few things to do when you start up. There are instructions on the top of the website, but you can review them under Resources / Trial Member Welcome.

Your First Year Inside Endurance Nation

This will be unlocked after your trial expires.

Looking forward to working with you this year,

~ Coach P

Comments

• Options

Akeo, Endurance Nationへようこそ。

Congratulations on your race at IM Malaysia. What a great accomplishment. I hope you are feeling better. It is really important that you recovery fully from the accident and your foot injury before you begin full training again.

Please let us know how you are feeling and give us updates here on your progress.

We can help you get even better, but it will take some hard work and study of our race execution methods. Our structured training program will progressively develop your fitness. You will be fit. Your advantage with Endurance Nation is that we teach race execution better than anyone else. The key to a great race is getting the most out of your fitness through better race day execution. Everyone works hard to show up at the race, not everyone studies race execution. We can teach you to get faster by being smarter and make better decisions on race day.

I'm want to make your transition to Endurance Nation as easy and simple as possible. I will show you how to get the most out of your workouts, Final Surge, and learn more about how the team can help you get to your race goals.

First thing! Power user tip! Subscribe to this Coach Thread and get an email when we respond. Your Coach Thread is the best way to get a hold of us, it documents all of your training and it helps to keep the communication moving. Click on the red star and check box just to the right of your thread title. This way you will get an email when we respond in your Coach thread. See 8 sec video here to set it up: 

Next, setup in Final Surge. Coach Patrick made your Season Roadmap in Final Surge. Now, you can sync your Garmin or Strava and upload your workout data. Chose one, otherwise you will get double workouts recorded in Final Surge. (Note: Chose Strava if you ride on Zwift.)

In Final Surge: Workouts -> Garmin / Device Upload

To get the most out your training - you will need to see your workout data and your comments on how you felt during the workout. Together, they give you (and us) the complete picture of your training. We definitely want to see those hours, miles, power readings and heart rate data - but we also want to know how you felt, mood, how mentally easy or hard the workout was, what you ate and drank on those long rides. This helps dial in your fueling and hydration for long races and is a good reminder for what you want to work on during your next workout. Adding comment to your workouts takes your Final Surge account from just workout data to a full on training log - where you see your progression and become a smarter athlete.

Consider downloading the Final Surge App. This makes it way easier to add comments about how you felt, ate, weather etc (for the bike) and sets, paces etc (for the swim). Those are all super helpful to you as you track your progress, prepare and plan your for your race.

It's easy to make comments about your workout. Click on the "pencil" icon to tap "how I felt" or "perceived effort." You can add a few notes about what you ate/drank (helps to figure out what works best for you on the bike), how you felt mentally, the weather or any aches etc. Those comments are really handy when you are comparing workouts, tailoring your own training, evaluating progress and planning for your ride. It also makes it easy to look at and plan for your upcoming workouts. Just a quick not goes a long way.

Final Surge | Mobile Apps

https://www.finalsurge.com/apps

Customize your workouts Final Surge

You can use the power, pace and heart rate data data to customize your workouts to your individual zones. Once you customize them, the workouts will say 20' @ (135-145 heart rate) vs. 20' @ Zone 2 or 20' @ (135-145 Watts) vs. 20' @ Zone 2

Here is how you update your training plan with integrated and customized zones (there is a video here too):

https://www.endurancenation.us/help/final-surge-how-to-update-your-integrated-training-zones/

Your new Friends are waiting for you.

Join are Endurance Nation Facebook Group in Japan and connect with your fellow athletes.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/enjapan/

My goal is to make your first month of Endurance Nation as simple and as awesome as possible! For any questions you have getting started - chat with me here in this forum or schedule another call with me here: https://calendly.com/new-member-phone-call/1

Please let me know what other times might work for you and we will schedule it.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Matt

Training Plan Coordinator

• Options

Dear Corch Patrick and Matt

Thank you for checking my road map.

I can understand what you say in video. I used to live in London for 5 years when I was a student(long time ago...).  But It's very difficult to understand technical tarms in English such as medical tarms. So I prefere mail more than call.

My peroneuse brevis(left side) is getting  better. My massage trainer told me that my arch is going down very much. Now I do some stretch to rise the arch. Also I am going to try running this weekend to check my foot condition.

Homework

Sorry, I can not choose triathlon or marathon...

I really want to go to Kona. At the same time I want to archieve within 3:10:00 at marathon.  I want to participate in the Osaka International Marathon, which is eligible for participation within 3:10:00.

I aim for Kona slot in IM Taiwan. If it's fail I am thinking to go to IM UK.

It is necessary to strengthen the third event especially bike. Also I need to inprove bike skill because I am not goot at down hill and I can't bend sharp curve.

I started to use garmin vector3, aero bar and smart trainer about a year ago. But I can't master them...

To improve running form. My running form is that puts my feet in front of my upper body and puts a stop.

I will tell you my foot condition before 2nd Dec. I hope I can training without problem next month.

Akeo

• Options
    Akeo -

Thanks for the update.

I understand you want both the marathon and IM Taiwan. I guess triathletes
    in America and Japan have many things in common! 🤣

Our top priority is your foot.

- Please continue work with your massage therapist.
    - Please tell us what shoe you run in now, both for training and racing.
    Nike 4%? Hoka?
    - Please send me a picture of the BOTTOM of one of your older shoes. I
    want to see how it wears out.
    - Do you wear an insert in your shoe? Many times your injury
    happens because there isn't sufficient arch support in your shoe, and so
    you put undo pressure on the outside of your foot.
    - Please send us some pictures of you running from your races in the
    past...eventually we can get a video of you running as a friend holds the
    camera.

We use a balanced plan to get you fit on bike and run, but will need to be
    60% bike / 40% run early on to make sure you are truly healthy.

If we start running too much too soon, we could jeopardize your season.

~ Coach P
  • Options

Dear Coach Patrick

Thank you for considaration of my foot😊

-Shose

For training - Brooks Launch3, On cloud flow, Addidas Adizero ren(only for speed training)

For race - On cloud flow, On cloud ace

-I don't wear an insert now. I wore it before...

I bought an insert and shoes together in the shop before. Because sometimes shoes size changes by using an insert.

Recently I buy a shoes on the internet or running event.

I run 5km without any pain last sunday😀 I'm going to run a little this week.

Left: On cloudflow Right: Brooks Launch3

Full marathon November 2018 around 15km (1mile) point

Miyako iland triathlon April 2019 around 3km (2mile) point

Akeo

• Options

-What will make you consider this season a success?

To get a Kona slot.

I aim for Kona slot in IM Taiwan. If it's fail I am thinking to go to IM UK.

within 3:10:00 at marathon. 

-What's your biggest limiter right now?

I 'm not sure how to training bike to be faster.

ex) Zwift : I'm not sure which workout is suitable for me and which workout should I do.

Power is not high even through the speed is almost reasonable When I do bike training (or race) outside. Why? I think I was be able to exert watt more.

ex)Bike training 180km 6:14:09 ave28.9k/h ave 97w NP126w ave133bpm max149bpm (Only 80%can be record😔)

IM Malaysia 180km 6:28:47 ave27.7k/h ave 84w NP114w ave142bpm max174bpm (Only 50%can be record😫)

• Options

Akeo,

Thank you so much for the pictures. Your running form is good. You have good overall posture. I looked at your run cadence during your race. You are very consistent which is good. If you increase your cadence a bit that will prevent your heel strike. Your cadence is around 168 strides per minute. If you increase your cadence to 175-180 you will land more on your fore foot and less on the heel. You will have to experiment a little to find a rhythm that works for you. Give it try and let us know how it goes.

We will help you with the Zwift bike workouts. Those workouts will start next week. Take these first couple of rides easy. Look for a group ride. We will provide more structured workouts as part of your plan.

You have good speed because you have a good power to weight ratio and you are aerodynamic on the bike. We will help you get even stronger on the bike and teach you the most efficient race strategy to get the most out of your fitness.

Thank you,

Matt

• Options

Coach Matt

I felt relieved about my running form😊 Yes, my cadence is about 168-172 stride. I will try to increase 175-180 stride.

I checked my training plan on Final Surge. I have few questions.

-I have a swimming class every Thursday. Can I exchange Monday or Sunday? Which days are you recommend to exchange?

-Cross Training - Can I do swimming?

I am looking forward to start training next week🤩

Akeo

• Options

Akeo, keep working on the cadence. 😉 Try a short, fast arm swing. Your leg cadence will match your arm swing. Your hand and arm posture is good. Keep hands high and short, fast arm swing. Notice how it changes your good placement. I should feel like - light, quick feet.

Yes to swimming. Yes to swimming on sunday. Swimming = cross-training.

I'm looking forward to the start of your training too! 😀💪

Matt

• Options

@Akeo Tatsumi

https://endurancenation.wistia.com/medias/bl9laz9l18

Welcome to your SECOND MONTH  inside Endurance Nation! 

Our goal is to check in with you, determine the best way to help you continue your journey, and share your progress with the Team!

First off,  watch Coach Patrick’s Month Two video

Step One: Quick Update

Please use this form to update us on how things are going: https://forms.gle/k9p2o3ZYyhGo9U2N6 We will follow up with guidance and advice here in this thread. 

Step Two: Book Your Coach Check In Call

As part of TeamEN, you and Coach Patrick will talk one-on-one roughly 4x per year. Let’s connect soon and keep you rolling. Book your check in call with Coach Patrick online here: https://calendly.com/pmccrann/15min 

Step Three: Pick Your Learning Focus

We have several courses and resources for you based on your interest. You can browse the Courses here or review the Coach Lesson archive here

Need help picking a focus area? Ask us right here in this forum thread (be sure to @CoachP!!), via the red chat icon on the Members Site or by going to Help / Email Support.

Step Four: Your Friends are Waiting

We have several GroupMe channels where we want to hear about your training or you can get a quick answer to your latest race or gear question.  Get motivation and team awesomeness via EN Live on Facebook or if you’d rather chat, then find your home on the most relevant Team EN GroupMe chat channel

Looking forward to your next step!

~ Brenda

• Options
    edited December 19, 2019 5:02PM

@Akeo Tatsumi Thank you for survey feedback. We are so happy to hear that you are making progress with your run cadence. Coach Patrick and I looked at you running form pictures and the wear pattern on you shoes. You have a good push off point from your big toe, which is sign of good fundamentals. We think that the increased cadence, combined with the short arm swing will shift your impact point from your current heel strike to a more mid-foot impact point. Good work.

When was the last time you tested your power for your zones?

I looked at your bike workouts these past few weeks. Your zones look like they are set too high right now. Look at your recovery ride on 4 December. Your heart rate is a bit high for recovery ride (average heart rate of 132), but it is still okay😀. Your weighted power for the recovery ride is about 92 watts, average power of 90 Watts.

During your 2x 6 minute intervals on 10 Dec - your average heart rate is 151 with a peak at 158, and your power was consistent across both intervals with a weighted power 115 Watts.

The recovery ride on Wednesday, 18 December was not a recovery ride. Your average heart rate was 151, with a maximum of 162 and your weighted power was 113 watts. You held 113 Watts for almost 30 minutes! That is really tough workout based on your easy ride. That is a 25% increase over your recovery ride power, which is typical difference between Z1 and Z3. So, you were essentially holding Z3 watts for 30+ minutes!😀

These workouts show that you were working hard effort during those intervals relative to what your easy / recovery ride effort. During your Wednesday 18 December recovery ride, it looks like you were chasing the power number for your "easy" zone, but it was set too high and you worked too hard. You may need to retest your bike power to get a more current assessment, in order to give you more appropriate numbers for your easy and hard rides.

You are just starting to ride again after your last race so, these next few weeks will give you a chance to develop a little practice going hard on the bike once in a while and add some easy recovery time too. Your bike test in January will give us more accurate zones. We will use those zones for your Ironman training.

The next few weeks are focused on running. The bike workouts are secondary. Use these workouts has opportunities to improve week to week. Keep the easy bike days at an easy effort and keep the hard days at a hard effort. For the hard workouts, look back at your last workout and try to do a little better in the upcoming workout. You are scheduled to test your bike mid-January (14 Jan).

What do you think?

• Options

Dear Coach Matt

Thank you for many advice.

I trained run and bike by HR zone untill 13th Dec. But I changed that Run by pace zone and Bike by power zone from 14th Dec.

Reason why

Run: My run threshold was 159 bpm(now changed 166 bpm). I felt slow pace and too easy when I run by HR Zone. and also I have a full marathon in 16th Feb(not on calendar). I wanna break my PB(3:15:06) or if I can I wanna run within 3 hours 10 minutes in that race. So I thought I need and want more hard run practice. It's not too hard but I thought good practice by Pace Zone more than HR Zone. I want keep running with Pace Zone.

Bike: Akio and other Japanese friends who have joined EN recommend me to practice with Power Zone more than HR Zone when we talked about zone. I tried to compare HR and Power Zone at similar workout. 4th Dec was HR Zone(Zone2; 124-140bpm) which workout was recovery, however 18th Dec was Power Zone(Zone2;119-128w) which was a bit tough as you say. Is not same strength HR Zone2 and Power Zone2 ?? Is it so different even in the same Zone2 ?? or will it be the same strength someday?

I set a FTP to 170w now. My last FTP test was 209w Jan 2019...So long time ago... 😅 My FTP history is 159w Apr 2018→167w Jul 2018→177w Oct 2018. I did these FPT test with the support of staff in the bike shop. I used Cervelo S5 for FTP test which is racing bake. I started using aero bar this year. I use other bike(Specialized Roubeix, no aero bar, road bike position) when I do indoor training. Is it OK ?? Should I manage bike workout with HR zone for until FTP test?

Yes, I totally agree you that I need to do FTP test !! I’m worried because I never do alone... Anyway I do my best!

Akeo

• Options

@Akeo Tatsumi

I am so happy to hear that you are talking with Akio and the other Japanese friends who have joined EN! They are giving you some good advice.😀

Run: Keep running with the pace zones, if that is working for you. Please remember to keep the easy runs easy and hard runs hard. The easier runs (skill or TRP) are just as important as the hard runs (tempo). The TRP runs are intended to be steady effort, just enough effort that requires some concentration and light conversation. Running just a bit too hard all the time leaves you no time to recover.

Bike: Training with power is a good idea. We want you to develop a sense of effort on the bike. We want your effort, heart rate, and power to generally match up. Talk to your friends about this too. It is okay to use your other bike (no aerobar, road bike position) when I do indoor training. There will be a little difference between indoor and outdoor power, or road bike and aero bike. Until your FTP test, use effort and HR and note the power. Your bike workouts in the next few weeks have three effort levels: #1 Easy / Recovery, #2 Steady (ABP - Always Be Pushing), and #3 Hard (Zone 4). When you ride easy - note the power and heart rate, when you ride hard note the power and heart rate, steady should be in between and a sustained effort kinda like "TRP" in for the run.

You don't have to do the FTP test alone. Can you ride on Zwift at the same time as another Japanese athlete, so they can challenge you? Or you could join a Zwift race and do your best effort for the first 20 minutes. We will use your average power for your best 20 minutes to set your FTP.

What do you think?

Matt

• Options

Dear Coach Matt

I will training consciously about easy and hard each workout. and also recovery too.

I will join a Zwift race, because I don't think I can ride on Zwift with my friends at same time.

I am thinking to do FTP test by bike power. How much FTP should I arm for?also, should I use cycle computer when I do FTP test (and Zwift)? I never use cycle computer at indoor training. If I should use it, How do i customize the training page? I use Garmin Edge530.

Akeo

• Options

Akeo, i saw your update and I am glad to hear that you have seen improvements on the run. As for the bike, your zones are determined by your FTP. So technically you should be able to do the workouts in Zone 2 (because it is based off of the power from your test).

When I look at your workout data From your intervals, it's clear to me that you need some help with your cycling cadence. You are strongest at 95 rpms, but you are unable to hold that cadence for the full interval. So I recommend that your training cadence target is 90 rpms (right now in a longer ride you average 85 rpms); this will be a good "step forward" for you.

In addition, I believe that You should calibrate your power meter. I don't think that you should be riding 100 watts at your fitness level. We have some 65 year old women who can ride 95 watts; do you know how to calibrate it? Also, have you ever ridding on a bike with a different powermeter to see if the numbers are the same?

Thank you!

~ Coach P

• Options

Dear Coach Patrick

I will try to hold cadence 90rpms.

I measure my power by an indoor trainer which is Tack Bushido. I have a Garmin Vector3 on my racing bike. I will try to compare my power with an indoor trainer and Vecter3 at same time.

Akeo

• Options

Dear Coach Patrick and Coach Matt.

Happy new year 2020😀

I compared my power with an indoor trainer (conect to Zwift) and Vecter3 (connect with ForeAthlete945 or Edge530) at same time.

Day 1: 4/1/2020 about 3 hours ride

An indoor trainer (conect to Zwift) Ave 100w Max 226w NP107w

Vecter3 (connect with ForeAthlete945) Ave 138w Max353w NP 144w

Day 2 :/1/2020 about 1 hour 30 minutes ride

An indoor trainer (conect to Zwift) Ave 100w Max 165w NP104w

Vecter3 (connect with Edge530) Ave 137w Max278w NP 1424w

Cadence and heart rate was almost same.

Why those power are so different?? Which one should I trust and use...??

Thank you!

Akeo

• Options
    edited January 8, 2020 12:28PM via Email
    Akeo -

This is a really good question.

Can you please tell me what trainer you are using with Zwift? Is it a
    direct drive Trainer… With no rear wheel? Or is it in “wheel on“ Trainer
    Well your bike has the rear wheel on and you are applying pressure to the
    tire?

Generally speaking, I would prefer you to use the power meter on your bike
    as a source of power in Zwift. This way we get the same data when you ride
    indoors and out.

• Options

Dear Coach Patrick.

My indoor trainer is Tacx Bushido which is rear wheel on.

I assembled and calibration again. It become closer watt more than before. But not same yet.

So I will chose power meter when I do Zwift😀

• Options
    Akeo - closer is better!! and yes to the choose powermeter part...curious
    to see if that helps too!

~ Coach P
  • Options

@Akeo Tatsumi

How did your bike power test go?

• Options

Dear Coach Matt and Coach Patrick.

I did FTP test last night.

My target FTP was 200w.

Test1 : 120% of FTP =240w for 5'. I never do it... I try to keep 240w, but it was 230w

Test2: 204w x 95% = FTP194w.

It was hard but I ended with some extra power...😅 It was very difficult to keep and control power for 20'.

I hope I can be better next time

Akeo

• Options
    Great work Akeo!
    Congratulations 🎉
  • Options

@Akeo Tatsumi

https://endurancenation.wistia.com/medias/nfahr9cl1b

Welcome to your THIRD MONTH  inside Endurance Nation! 

Our goal this month is to help you be race ready for your next big event and make sure your connected with your teammates!

First OFF, be sure to check out Coach Patrick’s video online here

Step One: Quick Update Form

Please use this form to update us on how things are going: https://forms.gle/2BAufR2WyTUjkHvE7 We will follow up with guidance and advice via email so you can stay on track. 

Step Two: Research Your Race

Leverage your teammates to make sure your race is the best it can be.

• First, head over to the EN Forums and use the search functionality to see if there are race reports or other information in our system. 
    • Second, ask the Team what they know by creating a research thread in the Races & Places Forum or by posting to the GroupMe 24/7 channel.
    • When you are ready, go ahead and post your Race Plan to the Racing Forums as well 

Step Three: Connect with Fellow Racers

• Depending on the size of your race, you might have a GroupMe channel that you can find under the Community section here.
    • If there isn’t one, you can still head over to the Race Database and use the password WORKWORKS. From there you type the race name into the search box To get someone’s name. Return to the EN Forums and send them a private message!

** Additional Support **

In addition to The Forums and other Team-related support, you still have the chance to connect with Coach Patrick across your first year. Right now it’s time for your three month call with Coach Patrick; and you can book it here.

If you are looking for support above and beyond the traditional Endurance Nation experience, you can book a consult with Coach Patrick. These are billed at $100/hour and Can be on almost any training or racing topic. Please click here to learn more / get started. 

Congratulations on moving forward with you training as you build to your race goals. We can’t wait to see what you are capable of this season!

~ Team EN

• Options

Dear Coach Patrick

Unfortunately Ironman Taiwan has been canceled😔

So many races and event has been canceled in Japan. Also School, Disney land, Universal Studio, museum , many place are closed now...

Japanese government announced that Do not go to the place where are crowed...😥

Anyway,I have to choose an another target race. Also do I need to chenge training plan??

Please give me some advice.

Hope USA is Ok about New coronavirus

Akeo

• Options

@Akeo Tatsumi - thank you for reaching out and for your concern. I am sorry to hear about the virus in Japan and the restrictions on people there. I hope your country has a swift resolution...we are only starting to learn more about the virus and what it means; I am definitely keeping an eye on the news.

Yes to a later race. I suggest you reach out to your friend like @Katsuyuki Kiya and @Masaki Kusunoki to see what they advise in terms of a schedule for now let's keep the training the same for this week and let me know what they say. You can have the conversation on line here too: https://www.facebook.com/groups/703312746751459/

~ Coach P

• Options
    Hi Patrick,

I'm afraid I have no idea because we are in crisis. All elementary and junior high schools have been closed for three weeks. Most national races will be canceled to May.
    IM Cairns may be held, but Japanese immigration may be limited. Nobody knows.

Thanks

Masaki

差出人: Coach Patrick
    送信日時: ‎2020‎年‎3‎月‎3‎日 ‎火曜日 ‎1‎:‎14
    宛先: Masaki Kusunoki

Endurance Nation Community

Coach Patrick mentioned you in Akeo Tatsumi

@Akeo Tatsumi - thank you for reaching out and for your concern. I am sorry to hear about the virus in Japan and the restrictions on people there. I hope your country has a swift resolution...we are only starting to learn more about the virus and what it means; I am definitely keeping an eye on the news.

Yes to a later race. I suggest you reach out to your friend like @Katsuyuki Kiya and @Masaki Kusunoki to see what they advise in terms of a schedule for now let's keep the training the same for this week and let me know what they say. You can have the conversation on line here too: https://www.facebook.com/groups/703312746751459/

~ Coach P
  • Options

@Masaki Kusunoki thank you for the information. I know things are very upside down right now. I just wasn't sure if you had some other ideas even if it was for later this year. I hope you and your family stay healthy.

• Options

Dear Coach Patrick

I am thinking to entry IM Philippines. But I am hesitant to register IM Philippines because I am worry that race may be cancelled same as IM Taiwan...😥

Let me wait and see please.

Spare target races 💫

IM UK

IM Santa Rosa

IM Wisconsin

IM Portugal

IM Chattanooga

Please let me know if you have any races you do not recommend.

Thanks

Akeo

• Options

@Akeo Tatsumi - did they give you a "pass" to choose another race? If so, what are the conditions? Do you have only certain races to pick? Or any IM?

~ Coach P