Homeโ€บ Racing Forum ๐ŸŽ
Options

DR 2019 AZ RACE REPORT

Comments

• Options

@DAVID RICHMOND Thanks for coming all the way from Tahiti to race with us. Was great to see you again and really enjoyed our interaction on the course. Was a pleasure to meet Joy, I think she is a keeper, you guys look really happy together, love the notes she gave you very nice touch! KETO/LCHF ??? I'm not a fan of it but some swear by it, however I dont think it had anything to do with peeing extra, did you experience increased urine flow in Keto training? I think it was more likely caused by the cold . BTW, Awesome can't hurt me approach to the cold. Yeah I found the swim a bit agro, I don't mind contact as long as its swimming contact, when people start grabbing ankles/shoulders etc to pull them forward and you backward (its ok to come out of your box). I did have people attempt to punch or kick me for simple minimal swimming contact and I'm thinking Karma gave those people had very long days. Very cool vision you had exiting the swim with @Satish Punna . Thanks for all the kind words, I'm glad you did not allow me to limit you on the bike and chose to race your own race, smart move Very positive and educating summary . Look forward to racing with you again.

• Options

@DAVID RICHMOND it was great to see you and meet Joy. Having loved ones at the race is the best boost one can get. Honest assessment of your race is the best prep for the next one. Hope to see you in Hawaii in May.

• Options

@DAVID RICHMOND I think you should get your fit from Todd here http://ttbikefit.com/

I can't speak highly enough of his expertise and help.

I used him from Australia, so you can too from Tahiti.

• Options

@DAVID RICHMOND I like what you put out here. There is a lot to learn from your report. Thank you. PF is no joke and many have been derailed by it. I hope you can find a way to get a handle on it. I knew you had an issue when I passed you on the way in. So good that you hung in there with great attitude and finished the race with a smile and appreciation. We cannot take this for granted. Good to meet you and looking forward to doing it again!

• Options

Davide.

Great to see you again and be out there with you.

you did St. George in 2011 too ? Before EN for you ?

I had luck on the swim and really didn't have any contact problems. though staying closer to 60 minutes does seem to help.

that is neat your interactions with all of us during the race.

that sucks about your feet issues. as we discussed, consider pool running !

i need a new hot weather aero helmet. you like the new Rudy ?

I would like to do the Hawaii 70.3 again but am signed up for St. George.

hopefully we'll intersect again. best to Joy.

thanks for the thorough race report.

• Options

@DAVID RICHMOND I truly enjoyed seeing both of you over the four day weekend. Your spirit always shines, and Joy reflects that as well.

Your six takeaways are Golden.

Plantar fasciitis is finicky, I learned the two times it cropped up for me. Leading up to 2011 IM AZ, I has to take a week off running in early Oct, it was so bad. From then to the race, only steady runs 8-12 km on a track, not intervals or long or hilly runs. It kept hurting right up to race day. Then, in the race itself, nothing. Never felt it. I did go 30 s/mi slower than two years previous. But when I tried running a week later, boom, it was right back.

I bet that 1/2 mile on very lightly padded concrete after the swim was not helping at all!

Keep that Long View going, get your body comp where you want it, and a perfect bike fit, (and FOLLOW THE PLAN!!!) I bet you can smash that PR some day.

• Options

@DAVID RICHMOND Nice write-up of a day that had many lessons. Way to stick it out and find the pleasure in being out there suffering with others.

It was nice to meet you and Joy even though we never really got to chat. I hope you get the plantar fasciitis figured out soon and hope to race with you again in the future.

• Options

@DAVID RICHMOND

Enjoyed reading the details of your day and the learning points you summarized at the end.

In the next few days I will publish my IMCOZ report to help you make a decision for next year.

Body comp, consistency following the plan, and successful execution of the fitness engine you bring to race day will be the ticket for you in 2020 no matter what venue you choose.

Look forward to another training cycle with you bro.

Congratulations IM!

• Options

@DAVID RICHMOND Great race report! I enjoyed reading it and liked your honesty. Your take aways are great lessons learned for everyone to read. What I noticed most throughout your RR, was your genuine gratitude. I was amazed how you maintained a good attitude (you get a pass for the water incident ๐Ÿ˜Š) during the run though you were in much pain. Major kudos for toughing it out and getting to the finish line.

Congratulations!

• Options

thx all for taking the time to read and comment.

@Peter Greagg thx for the link, will take a look at that

@Shaughn Simmons thx for your detailled RR

@robin sarner it looks like pool running is my only option in the near future

still dealing with  PF... It looks like I have a Lateral peroneal tendonitis 
    and that triggered the PF :(

So no run for a few more weeks and very light training :(

U guys have some nice holidays