Home General Training Discussions
Options

Feedback on Focus Strategy (Wiki)

Folks -

Workign on some more comprehensive "focusification" stuff as I think recent discussions warrant better guidance. More coming from me on this, but in the meantime want to get your feedback on the outline I have started in the "Personalize Your Plan" section of the Wiki.

Here's the catch. If you want to give me feedback, I can bestow wiki credentials upon you and you can get in there and do some editing yourself. *Gasp!*

That's right...I want this stuff to be living / breathing, and you are going to help whether you like it or not. So feel free to discuss below, but if you have something that's mandatory to add or you want to add a note so I include it as I finish the section, please e[script removed]mail admin@endurancenation.us with Wiki Worker in the subject line.

Thanks!

Patrick

Comments

• Options

This is incredible, P. Thanks for presenting this as you have.

IFor the "explain in more detail" section, it would be helpful (for me anyway) to have some specific examples of how to do tweak. For instance, upping the run frequency to me means a couple of extra 20-30' runs. Others may think it's 10 miles. I exaggerate, but you know what i mean. Extra bike--is that 45' spin, or something like 2x6' mixed in? Some may think it's an extra 2 x 20. Same clarification issues for upping intensity.

Thanks again.

• Options

Cool stuff, P. image

Since the majority of the house is running WKO, what would you say to encorporating some of it's metrics into deciding when to tweak versus when not to??

for example- where is a good spot to be as far as chronic/acute loads and training stress are concerned before you consider tweaking the plan. likewise...when does it become reality that the plan tweak you actually need to make is to back down so that you can absorb the work being done (in a more proactive way than being completely unable to hit threshold paces on the bike or run). does that make sense??