Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Sue DeJesus Official Coach Thread

Here's your personal Coach Thread, as promised. This is where you'll return to post all your "coach" questions as responses; I'll see them and reply. This first post is here to guide you through your first year on EN, so you can always come back here.

As you'll see in this forum, I handle all manner of edits and changes. So post away, know that I reply here usually M/W/F each week.

Power User Tip: Click the Star icon by the Title of this thread to subscribe, and you'll get email updates when I do reply.

Coach Notes

Your Races

• 3/22/20 - Shamrock Half Marathon
  • 6/7/20 - 70.3 Blue Ridge
  • 7/26/20 - 70.3 Ohio (hope to qualify for 70.3 Worlds 2021)
  • 9/27/20 - 70.3 Augusta (backup qualifying race for 70.3 Worlds)

Season Outline

These are your recommended training plans, including the date you should start each one (sometimes you won't complete a full plan but transition to another one). You can change your plans on Final Surge by clicking on Training Plans / My Plans. Learn more about each plan on the Training Plan Central Page.

>> Last updated by Coach on January 15, 2020

• On 1/6/2020  Load the    OutSeason for Triathletes (Bike Focus) Plan, 14wks to end on  04/12/2020

**Transition Early**

• On 3/16/2020  Load the    EN Half Bike Focused, 12wks to end on  6/7/2020
  • On 6/8/2020  Load the    Post Half Iron Transition Plan, All Levels (2wks)  to end on  06/21/2020
  • On 6/15/2020  Load the    EN Half Run Focused, 12wks to end on  07/26/2020
  • On 7/27/2020  Load the    Post Half Iron Transition Plan, All Levels (2wks)  to end on  08/09/2020
  • On 8/10/2020  Load the    EN Half Bike Focused, 12wks to end on  09/27/2020
  • On 9/28/2020  Load the    Post Half Iron Transition Plan, All Levels (2wks)  to end on  10/11/2020

Your Notes

Nerve pain on L glute/back still flares up with running long (11-13mi), otherwise very manageable. Everything else is good. Keeping workouts to an hour except for long run and maybe 2 hrs on bike on occasion.Been following basic plan until OS starts for me on Jan 6. Been doing 8-12 hours weekly from mostly bike and run and strength, almost no swimming. (Swimming gives me rashes). Trying to really recover from IM training last 2 years that put my body over the edge.

I now have my season finalized, thus my submission for a year-long plan starting Jan 6 with the official OS.

• 3/22/20 - Shamrock Half Marathon
  • 6/7/20 - 70.3 Blue Ridge
  • 7/26/20 - 70.3 Ohio (hope to qualify for 70.3 Worlds 2021)
  • 9/27/20 - 70.3 Augusta (backup qualifying race for 70.3 Worlds)

Your Homework

Tell Me Your Season Goals

•  What will make you consider this season a success?

•  What's your biggest limiter right now?

Contact Points

As part of your journey to becoming a Self Coached Triathlete inside TeamEN, we are prepared to give you excellent support for your first 90 days. Our goal is to transition you from live, in-person support to using our digital resources and the Team to help you continue your progress as you execute your Three Year Plan.

These are all the key points in your first year where we must talk. Please remember to include your phone number.

•  Welcome Call in Week One (set it up here)

•  Coach Call in Week Two to talk about your season (set it up here)

•  End of Trial Call -- We review your experience & Unlock Year One / Race Execution for you (set it up here)

•  End of Season Call -- We review your year & Strategize for your End of Year Gap and Year Two (TBD in this Coach Thread)

Questions

•  Coach Questions - Right here in this thread. Always reply to this same thread, it keeps a record for us as we evolve together!

•  General Questions - Simple stuff can go to the General Discussion forum for the Team to answer. For example, Best Bike? How to improve run cadence? How to flip turn?

•  Need Help? - Please check the EN Help Site first!

•  Admin Questions - Billing or orders or whatnot? Use the red chat button at the bottom of the Members Site (not forums) or email us here.

•  Specific Questions about a Race, etc? - You can post those to the Race Forum, for example. Not sure where to post? Put it in the General Discussion forum and we will sort it out. Whatever you do, PLEASE ask your questions!!

For short or last minute questions, we recommend you use the Red Chat Icon on the main Members website.

We have also organized a complete chart of the best ways to contact us online here.

Your First Month on the Team

You have quite a few things to do when you start up. There are instructions on the top of the website, but you can review them under Resources / Trial Member Welcome.

Your First Year Inside Endurance Nation

This will be unlocked after your trial expires.

Looking forward to working with you this year,

~ Coach P

Comments

• Options
    edited January 15, 2020 9:12PM

@Coach Patrick The plan sounds good as you have outlined. This nerve pain is still bothersome to my running, but I'm really trying to be smart about how I'm training, and doing my best not to be discouraged after many years of no problems such as this!

Is this a new coach thread for 2020? Just wondering if every year a new thread starts...

Thanks for your help in navigating all this!!! Sue

PS I'll be able to load the training programs myself.

---------------------------------

NOTE: So I loaded the 70.3 BF starting 3-16-2020, with the Shamrock HM on 3-22-2020, so I follow the first week of the 70.3 BF plan going into the Half Marathon?? Do I taper at all this week? This rest of the plans I know how to do.

• Options
    Happy to help! Honestly I don’t know if this is a new thread or not, but
    use it! Make sure you subscribe to it!
  • Options

QUES: With the 70.3 plan starting 3-16-2020 I have the Shamrock HM on 3-22-2020. Do I taper at all this first week of the 70.3 plan?

UPDDATE: I'm doing my best with the JOS, but I have to admit I feel like I'm falling behind on bike intensities, and not able to do the speed work with running. :( Being so goal oriented is a challenge when I'm not 100%!

• Options

Don't worry so much about falling behind, the run intensity isn't something that's going to work in your favor at this period of time, as we discussed. In terms of modifying the plan, I guess it depends what your goals are for the half marathon.

My recommendation would be to follow the Half plan through Wednesday and the workouts listed there.

• Thursday long run is dropped, it will happen on race day! You can do a short taper run this day of 40 minutes, with a few strides.
    • Friday could be a swim only day.
    • Saturday would be an easy spin day, call it 60 to 120 minutes aerobic, just getting the legs loose.
    • Then Sunday is Race Day!

Let me know what you think and if you want help making that happen in Final Surge.

~ Coach P

• Options

@Coach Patrick The above sounds great. I did go in and make the modifications as you suggested. Thank you!

• Options

@Sue DeJesus I saw...nice work popping up there in Final Surge, let's keep it rolling!

~ Coach P

• Options

@Coach Patrick Thanks for your encouragement in a time of discouragement! :)

Sue

This discussion has been closed.