Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

Welcome the 2020 Class of Wicked Smart Members!

🥁🥁 Drumroll, please! 🥁🥁

It is with much Zone 5 excitement and honor that I Announce the newest members of our Wicked Smart Member squad. Once a year, members are nominated by you, the Team, and confirmed by me (the mastermind) for this most important position.

WSMs help to lead Team Endurance Nation by contributing knowledge, experience, expertise and time both online and in the real world. And just as importantly, through their training and racing exploits. Their answers in the forums are held in high regard, as though they came from a Coach.

Quite frankly, we are fortunate to have them...so be sure to say thanks the next time you connect with them.

Without further ado, your brand new WSMs!

@scott dinhofer

@Peter Greagg

@matt limbert

@Robert Sabo

@Derrek Sanks

@Tim Sullivan

@Akio Yamauchi

I have to mention that having this list being completely male-dominated isn't my idea of progress. We continue to struggle to find and engage women willing to lead inside EN, but I am committed to making it happen. If any of you have ideas / suggestions / thoughts on who could join @Jenn Edwards and @Sheila Leard I am all ears!

~ Coach P@Peter Greagg

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

Congrats Guys! Strong work.

• Options

Congrats to the new WSM’s. 👍

• Options

I'm really humbled and honored! Thank you for entrusting me with this responsibility. I'll do my best to continue supporting this awesome team.

• Options

Congratulations to all!

• Options

Congratulations everyone. I've benefited from your work.

• Options

Congratulations all! The team benefits greatly from your knowledge and your willingness and openness to share your experiences.

• Options

Very well done. Bravo!

• Options

Congrats to all new WSM's!

• Options

Congratulations all!

• Options

Nice additions. Well done!!!

• Options

Wowzers, truly surprised by this, despite the nomination thread. Humbled to not only be selected, but to be standing next to a group of people I’ve always (and still do) look up to.

• Options

Congratulations and thank you for all that you do!

• Options

I have learned from each of these men, and enjoyed meeting every one of them. Some day I hope to actually shake Peter's hand...

I think we have many smart women on the team, and maybe if us XYs would stop mansplaining now and then, we might find ourselves listening more to them. (sez the guy with ~ 9,000 posts)

• Options

Many Congrats to this absolutely well deserving group!

• Options

Thank you for adding me to the great people I respect. I'll do my best to make the EN Japan even more active and exciting.

• Options

That looks like the Dream Team Pro Bowl list!

Well earned and deserved!

Congratulations all!

• Options

congrats folks. I agree that these folks are fairly smart. :)

• Options

Congratulations!

• Options

Congrats everyone - well deserved!

• Options

Congratulations to all those sharing the passion and dedication to an active lifestyle.

There are many knowledgeable women on the team. We are now in a generation of women that have competed long enough to bring perspective to the sport.

Encouraging all woman on the team to post what you are learning and your challenge's of being an athlete.

• Options

Thank you very much! I look forward to continuing to learn so much from everyone and sharing the knowledge I gain.

• Options

I would like to thank everyone as well and echo the above sentiments of Tim (Queso) Sullivan.

• Options

Congratulations! I'm looking forward to all the wisdom you all are about to impart on me! ;-)

• Options

Huge congratulations to the new WSMs!! It has been a great pleasure to be able to hang out and train with several of you in person and learn from you all online. Thank you so much for your important contributions to the team!

• Options

Congrats all!

I agree with @Shaughn Simmons ... the Pro Bowl team!

• Options

Congrats to all of you - Very well deserved

• Options

Congrats! Its great to have the various perspectives - I do second the coaches thoughts we need more of the ladies WSM 1) for woman's specific issues (of coarse) and 2) for the incite into things my more -cave man brain misses.

• Options

Congrats to everyone! I learn a lot from you. I’m not sure why there aren’t more women... from my own perspective, I’d say I’m pretty knowledgeable about medical and nutrition, but don’t approach things as science-y as a lot of y’all do. You start talking about all numbers and stats and posting graphs and my eyes go sideways. As a MOP’er in Tri and a BOP’er in Ultra, I’m out here for fun and will never be able to compete at the top. I don’t have the genes for it and have accepted that. Begrudgingly. It seems a lot of posts are directed at folks trying to be (or are!) super competitive. I see all the high fallutin stat and graph filled advice and get a bit intimidated to offer more mundane thoughts. Maybe I’m not the only one?

• Options

I for one would always like to hear your thoughts @Leslie Knight. My guess is they are not mundane and if they were, very worthwhile for all of us to appreciate and understand your approach. Thank you for posting and please keep it up.

• Options

@Leslie Knight the %s of participation in tri and this EN is probably to blame. That said I think most of us agree with you. I think wanting to be a WSM (which I’ve told @Coach Patrick many times that I didn’t want!) is something anyone can work towards.

I certainly don’t post very sciency threads, more anecdotal. I would say that if you see a good conversation happening in the Groupme, start a thread on it and invite others to join the forum thread by posting #forumworthy and a link to the thread in the GroupMe.

Also, come up with a monthly topic that interests you, one where you can moderate AND learn from the conversation, same with commenting on other threads. Simply put, be a leader in the community by helping to drive the conversations, particularly in the forums, and then you too can “enjoy” the WSM responsibilities😎