Home Announcements 🎙

New UltraRun Plans Now Live 👟🏔🐐🏃

A long time coming but they are finally here...multiple versions of Ultra plans that will get you ready for your next super running adventure! You can see the full list of plans below for a basic idea.

These plans are divided by Distance, Type and Ability. 

• The DISTANCE options are 50km, 50mi/100km and 100mi.
  • The TYPES are either Run Only or Balanced (includes cycling as a cross training activity).
  • The ABILITY options range from Beginner/Intermediate or Advanced. 

Each plan is designed to prepare you for the rigors of your ultra race. We set an estimate for running time per mile (accounting for off road running) such that a mile takes approximately 12 minutes. So a 3 mile run is listed at 36 minutes of total training time. 

Here is a sample week so you can see the flow of Beginner/Intermediate (here)...

Versus the Advanced plan here:

The longer the distance of the event, the longer the training plan duration is:

• 50k = 12 weeks
  • 50mi = 16 weeks
  • 100mi = 20 weeks.

Each plan has guidance on how you can modify workouts to make them more specific and/or more challenging. For 95% of the ultra runners on the planet, the training isn't about speed as much as it is about endurance and durability. You will see a bias to training on the weekends as a means to aggregate your training time into a block that will easily fit your schedule. You can always move thins around as you see fit, just remember to keep the general spirt of work and recovery that you found in the original version of your plan as "alive" as you possibly can.

Don't forget to check out the Training Plan Description page for more resources!

~ Coach Patrick

Tagged:

Comments

• EN is going ultra! Special thanks to @tim cronk for taking the lead on this!

Now EN just needs a 200 plan. 😉

• I know that there is definite interest in a 200 plan. And I know we have one. If there’s urgency to getting that done this month, please let me know. Otherwise I need to do the plan for the Ultraman first. 🤣

That said, I would appreciate some guidance on people we could talk to with the ultra community for interviews on our podcast video channel as a value added for our members in to help expose Endurance Nation to the world. Any thoughts?

• @Gabe Peterson nobody wants a 200 plan, just shut your mouth!!!

Major props too @tim cronk for helping put these together. For those of us who like to play on the trails, your expertise / experience is invaluable.

• I'm looking forward to using the 50M Balanced plan. Thanks @tim cronk and @Coach Patrick for putting these together.