Homeβ€Ί Community Forum 🏠
Options

I Really Wanna Go To Kona

That's the title of a book I have put together. It's a collection of pieces I wrote from 2001-2006 about my 7 year quest to qualify for Kona. It's a real book, meaning it's 225 pages long, with 46 chapters, and certainly can't be read in one sitting - probably more like 4-6 hours. The first half covers 1999-2005, part travelogue and part spiritual journey. The last half is in-depth coverage of 3 races in 2006, IM CdA, Boston Marathon, and the Big Dance. It's meant more as an entertainment than a "how-to", but sprinkled throughout are my insights about what worked and did not work for me as I pursued continual improvement.

I'm going to publish it for Kindle and print next month, but EN members may download it free at the following link:

Click on that, and you'll get a chance to preview the first 68 pages in a kinda funky format, as well as get an email with links to download either a .mobi file, which you can add to the documents folder of your Kindle, or a .epub file which can be read by iOS (iPhone, iPad) and Mac (and maybe Android as well).

I think reading this could give people reassurance that, yes, our sport is hard, but it's also very rewarding and even life-changing.

Tagged:

Comments