Home Racing Forum 🏎

70.3 Santa Rosa status (as of today)

Hopefully this is the right place to post this, and it's OK to do so. If not, please feel free to move or delete this. I think I saw on the 70.3 SR website that there are 10 of us EN'ers doing this race (I'd love to know who else is planning to come), so hopefully this information is useful for someone.

Given that CA is currently hotspot for Covid-19, and in particular Santa Clara county (where I live) I was curious as to what the current status of the race was, so I e-mailed the race coordinator yesterday asking if they had a target date in mind by which they would make a call on holding the race or not. Below is the reply I received today. Sounds like it's still a go for the moment, but things are pretty fluid right now. Fingers crossed!

-------------------

Hi John,

Thank you for your email. The IRONMAN Group is aware of the evolving situation related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) that has resulted in the World Health Organization (WHO) declaring a public health emergency of international concern. We are monitoring the situation with public health officials to follow and implement measures dictated by health agencies and governments. We will continue to take the appropriate actions on an event-by-event basis, following the decisions made by these respective authorities and agencies.

At this stage, the State of California does not propose altering arrangements for public events, and therefore we will be proceeding with the IRONMAN 70.3 Santa Rosa race as planned. Additional information will be shared with athletes and our partners as appropriate and will be made available on event pages and social media accounts.

As the situation is very fluid and changing quickly, we have not made any official decisions or set dates to make decisions. We ask athletes to stay updated and follow governmental and agency recommendations to minimize risk and follow any potential travel restrictions. As always, athletes should monitor their personal health appropriately and not race or travel to any event if they are unwell. Athletes are also reminded to practice hygiene protection measures recommended by the WHO that can be found here - www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public.

For more information on the COVID-19, please visit www.who.int/.

Best wishes!

MAGGIE

Athlete Services Coordinator