Home General Training Discussions
Options

JOS 2020 Run Thread - Week 13

The super late week 13 run update. Hopefully this finds everyone safe and healthy. I am using a solo runner this week as inspiration for the social distancing I know we are all practicing. It will build up the mental strength us ENers are so well know for.

Run Focus

• 5/6/7 are the number to remember for the # of times to run this week
  • Intensity: 1:15 with TRP, z2 and z3 work
  • A steady long occurs run during the week between 70-90 minutes

Bike Focus:

• 5/6/7 are the numbers to remember for # of times to run this week
  • Intensity: 60-80 mins half marathon intervals - 12, 15, or minute intervals at 10 seconds faster than z3
  • Weekend: You run after the bike for 1:15 with TRP, z2 and z3 work

Stay healthy my friends!

Comments

• Options

4 runs again last week. Was able to add a little distance to a couple of them. Also doing really slow running instead of walking at the end. Ended up with 18 miles. Everything feels good. I think I will stick to 4 runs this week with a little length again. Planning on 18 miles again this week with maybe one day of some interval work. Stay safe everyone!

• Options

Great work @Bill Eckert ! Keep up the consistency and be mindful of how you feel. I completed today's 80 min tempo run with two, 20 min intervals at the Z3 plus 10". It's still quite cool in MN and I'm getting tired of running in tights, gloves, buff, hat, vest, etc. Despite that, the workout went well and my legs felt surprisingly refreshed after yesterday's 3x15" bike beat down. HR was a little higher than I would've expected, but it did go down towards the end of both intervals -- could be the issue of having to breathe thru a buff at a high exertion level.

I'm trying to get 7 runs in this week. I'm on a little bit of a 2 week streak now, but am keeping the non-prescribed runs at very low intensity.

The light is at the end of the OS tunnel, expect for the poor souls starting over in March😂

• Options

Run has been okay this week. Got in 4.3 on Wednesday and 5.0 on Friday. Planning on about 4.5 after riding today and the same tomorrow.

I live on a really busy road but there is a dirt road about 0.1 miles from my drive on the other side of the road. There are several miles of dirt road over there and I see almost no one over there. Mostly cow pastures as scenery. I love it. Makes for a nice time to let go of all that is going on right now.

Stay safe and healthy!

• Options
    edited April 5, 2020 9:59PM

Two 6-run weeks back-to-back... and a new VO2Max on my virtual 5K last Sat... but before you clap, I’ve been struggling with a hamstring strain this week. I ran 4 x Zn 2->3 30min runs, and plan to retreat to a “return to running” protocol next week if this doesn’t resolve. I’ve had excellent success with this in the past. Walk(with purpose)/Run progression has allowed me to recover over 2-4 weeks without losing much fitness. Walk/Run also seems to have the calming effect on my mind that I get from running. Steady as she goes.

BTW @Jeff Phillips: @Coach Patrick Helped me to see that a 6 week Bike Focused Plan is better than another 14-week MOS at this time... but I’ll finish up with what turned out to be a great JOS crew!

• Options

It’s been a tough couple weeks dealing with Covid stress anxiety and depression with my job. I took a couple steps back, but I will be back running this week. I just need to keep it on my schedule and show up. Stay safe.