Home General Training Discussions
Options

JOS 2020 Week 13 - better late than Never

sorry all, crazy week for me, moving 2 houses into one, getting contractors to work when NY State has banned them, etc.. I've totally fallen off the wagon, but hope that others are getting it done and using wkos as a distraction from the world wide malaise.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

Just completed the 9x5'/'1 at FTP and i'm glad it's over! this one went fine, no stopping, remembered to turn the legs to go through the intervals. Great way to end JOS!

• Options

Way to go @Vincent Sivirine !

This week has been somewhat of a wash. Getting in ride time and doing what I can for the workouts. I have not been sleeping good and legs have just felt tired all week. I passed on the Tuesday workout having done 3 races one after another on Sunday to get most of Tour of Watopia done. Then did the Monday meetup ride. Tuesday did the Stage 1 Shorter ride to finish up the tour. Mostly Z3/Sweet Spot for that one with some time in Z4. Did an easy Z2 ride on Wednesday and FFT on Friday.

I got some good sleep last night and feel a little better today. Planning on doing a long ride today and will do my best to include the sweet spot interval. Not sure if I will make 2.5 hours but will do what I can. Also planning a run today. Tomorrow will be a ride, probably a light version of cruise and crush, and run as well.

Stay safe and healthy out there.

• Options

Two rides of 1:45 @ 5x15’ @IF .78 (5’RI) this weekend. Never really realized how hard it is to score that Tron bike! (12K meters to go) Work is full of uncertainty, and I have a tight hamstring, so I backed down to .75 on both volume and intensity. Overall, I’m slowly building endurance efforts after a number of breakthrough FTP efforts last week. Submitted vacation days to include a week in the Rocky Mountains, and a variety of late season races and Fondos. Looking forward to a few strong alpine centuries. Maybe a 70.3. IM Coz is still on my wish list.

• Options

Not a great week end for me: rode about an hour on RGT on Saturday (Cap Formentor) but did not like it, i felt tired an unmotivated. My TSB was -31 on Monday, -15 on Friday, clearly i did not have it.. yesterday was only a 30' run with strides and i'm feeling better. Maybe i was too focused on ramping my CTL to 100 which i reached last week but the cost in terms of fatigue is too high. So this week will be about recovery to have two successful tests on the bike and run.

• Options

@Vincent Sivirine: I love hitting CTL milestones, congrats on triple digits! I started last week at CTL 80. Today its 74. While I am disappointed that I “lost fitness,” experience tells me that backing off is part of the process. Unfortunately, in my case, my hamstring is providing some guidance. In the past, I’ve noticed that its hard to know when my performance will surge forward. A few days, a week, 10 days? Are these recovery weeks considered a “taper?” We all know that isn’t true, but sometimes my ego forgets. The fact is, you climbed to CTL 100 and used limited your TSB-hole to -31. It sounds like you are on track for a push to the summit.