Homeβ€Ί Community Forum 🏠
Options

Anyone in Charlotte,NC area?

After moving from NJ to Mass. 2 years ago, my family and I are now officially going to move to Charlotte,NC area in a few months...

I had found and was able to do OWS at several locations in those 2 states, but wondering if there are any ponds or lake in South Charlotte...

it's always exciting for me to live different places, but I don't hear about OW where we can swim in this area...

Does anyone currently live in Charlotte? πŸ€”

Comments

• Options

I'm in Raleigh. I think that @Emily Brinkley is in Charlotte.

• Options

Thanks, @Janyne Kizer ! Hey @keiko ogasawara I'm in Charlotte and so is @Mike Roberts . There is a group that swims every Sunday am out of Nivens Creek Landing at Lake Wylie around 7:30am I think? They have folks who will follow the groups with kayaks, they just ask that you have a SwimSafe buoy to where. I'm happy to connect you to all kinds of groups around here! Let me know and welcome to the SOUTH! : ) EB

• Options

I am in Winston Salem, Welcome to NC! No advice on OWS here, sorry

• Options

@Janyne Kizer Hello, how about Raleigh, are there any lake to swim? distance isn't my problem, I may see you at your local event too πŸ˜‰

@Emily Brinkley hi, thanks for the info! i may stop by and check the current lake status after i move.. I'll be in Matthews, so maybe about 30' to the area, no bad.

@Ralph Moore I am actually excited to escape from this cold place to the south! so where did you swim at before covid-19? pool at gym?

i signed up for "Charlotte Marathon" as my FIRST MARATHON as soon as I knew about moving last year. my mind has been already there...😁

hope to see you all in NC😊

• Options

Most people I know do their OWS in either Lake Jordan (Seaforth is my favorite) or Falls Lake (Beaverdam). Neither is worth the drive -- just trust me on that one 😁