Homeโ€บ General Training Discussions
Options

weight scale

Does any one have a recommended weight scale they use at home, I'm in the market for a new one.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

I have a Garmin scale which automatically interfaces with Garmin Connect which sends the daily data to Training Peaks so i see it in my calendar feed. My morning routine: wake up, bathroom, get on the scale, get coffee, look at TrainingPeaks and how my weight compares to last days / same day last week. Withings scales automatically interfaces with Zwift i think which is pretty good.

• Options

I've had a Tanita scale (actual 3 of them, in various locations) for 12 years now. Auto upload to an app is not an issue for me; I use my own internal data storage (cerebrum) for that. The metrics I have found useful are: weight, body fat %, and body water %. I look at those, and only those, daily and am able to keep my weight within a narrow range year round as a result, between 66 and 67.5 kg.

The machine you get is less important than how you use it...and how consistent you are in your diet and activity levels.

• Options

Hi Al. Which Tanita do you recommend? Thanks!

• Options

@Rob Poma Mine are all at least 10 years old, so I'm not up on the current features. I;ve been using an Ironmanยฎ branded one forever, which shows my weight in 0.2 increments. It's been going strong since maybe 2007, so I have good confidence in their longevity. As I;ve said, the only metrics I find useful are wt, BF%, and body H2O %. The other stuff is all derivative from those #'s anyway, so I see no need to follow them. I do get a kick out of being told I'm 12 years old...

• Options
    edited May 26, 2020 9:41PM

I use a Withings scale.....it does all the cool stuff then connects via wifi and can push toTraining Peaks, Zwift and other apps like My Fitness Pal automatically.......

• Options

I've got a Withings smart scale too. It's probably 5 years old so I don't know what's out there now. I really look at it to log weight each day, transmit it to TP and that's about it. I just found out you can also connect it to Zwift, so I've done that too.

It's held up well and I like it.