Homeโ€บ Coaching Forum ๐Ÿงข
Options

plan adjustment

Coach Patrick - my doctor has me doing no running for two week so I will be relegated to bike and swim. Regarding the swim, the pools just opened in Ohio and the pools only warmed up in recent weeks. With that, I am at the very beginning of my swim training. Would you mind setting me up with a beginning swim plan? Also, have you heard anything about IronMan 70.3 Ohio?

Thank you

Comments

• Options

@Michael Webster - no running is not a problem, if you are able to walk that would be great just to keep up some level of durability. I'll leave that to you, but it could be something as simple as 3 x 30 minutes during the week. Something just to keep it loose. You can continue with the bike workouts as you have them listed now.

I modified your week to move the Friday SPIN to Sunday with a Walk. So Friday is swim only. Can ignore all the gray run workouts right now, and stick with the orange walks. The one area I am concerned with is your longer rides. Looking back over the last Two weeks I can see that your weekend rides have dropped off. Assuming you can, I would prioritize this this weekend...even if it's easy / bike path / conversational it's good.

Looking ahead, next weekend is a race rehearsal weekend which is back to back long rides. I'm not sure where your head is that relative to those workouts but wanted you to be aware of it so we can have a conversation here as to what's the best option for you.

Also, I have not heard anything about 70.3 Ohio. All of their Facebook updates stopped in May, approximately 30 days ago. There should be some kind of an update very shortly as I believe they have a self-imposed 50 day window in terms of planning for the event. That should mean, oh, about now. ๐Ÿคฃ

~ Coach P

• Options

Thanks Coach. I am heading out to Denver to visit my son and should have ample time to focus on bike rides. I found some lakes there with beaches so I hope to get my swim going as well. Walking will not be a problem. Thanks for taking the time to modify my plan.

• Options

Of Course! Please travel safely and take pictures...we could use the inspiration!!!

~ Coach P