Home WSM Admin
Options

Build Your Best Bike Camp (WSM Discount Available)...

Please Note: Kicks off week of July 6th for five weeks. Sessions online / in Zwift, so you'll need some kind of access.

In an effort to add value and capitalize on the openness of this year's schedule, we are rolling out this special online camp. It features some brand new testing software from the folks at INSCYD which allows us to take field test data and generate some really detailed information for folks. I am very hopeful this will become an integral part of how we help athletes looking to push their personal limits.

I have wrap the testing into an online experience where I will help participants do a better job of leveraging Zwift to become a stronger athlete. This will include group "classes" and discussion opportunities, as well as review of your data as you go through each Camp Week.

You can use the code WSM100 to save $100 on either Team option through June 22nd.

Learn More and Sign Up Here

If you have questions or comments, please post away here...I'll be opening this to the rest of the team on 6/15 (and the general public)...

Thanks folks!

~ Coach P

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

Looks interesting! What is the time commitment per week? Could I fit this into a regular training block or should I consider this a big bike block with little room for run and swim?

Tom

• Options

@Coach Patrick - read up on it, what's the time commitment for the Zwift portion in the 1st 2 weeks?

I will be in VT and planning on lots of IRL riding, but want to do this and do have a kickr there.

• Options

OK folks thanks for the question via GroupMe and here as well...let me lay out a typical week and give some more detail for you.

Week 1: Welcome and Testing

#1 Learn [Together] – Intro to testing and testing set up on Zwift.

We will do a kick off Session to e-meet the other campers and then a webinar on the INSCYD Testing protocols and what you can expect. Q&A session. This would likely be done in the evening, split for East vs West Coast if required.

#2 Execute [Independent] – Testing workout to complete.

For this first week this will be your test protocol. It looks Like a 1', 5' and 20' interval set. Ideally done in Zwift for a controlled session, but you can do it where you like. You can do this anytime Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday on your schedule.

#3 Discuss – Group discussion of workout, lessons learned, desired outcomes. By the time we meet, most of you should have your test results back. My thought is we could do a Meet Up ride in game while we discuss the test, answer questions about the protocol, next steps etc.

We would repeat that ^^ over the course of the five weeks -- you learn together, execute on your own, and come together to either practice again (in Zwift?), do Q&A, etc.

How we handle the third part is really group dependent...if you can't make it, we can record it and share out with you (same for all the session #1, etc).

Please keep those questions coming!

~ Coach P

• Options

Can you tell us a bit more about the advertised software, INSCYD? I've looked at their videos and tried to figure out what they are doing. There are two coaching services in my small town listed as partners. First, it seem odd to me that they are using spreadsheets (in German??). WKO just seems so much more powerful. Are we trying to use Zwift to push up our MMP curves over a bunch of durations and have them come up with a better modeled PD curve than WKO can provide? Better intervals than WKOs optimized intervals? Do we get the software as a part of the sign up process or do we just submit data and when the course is done, we no longer have access to the software?

Is there a big emphasis on learning how to race in Zwift? If so, is the point to push the PD curve or is it just learning how to have fun with your fitness?

I've spent a good part of the SiP riding Zwift and have been pushing personal bests from 1 second through an hour so I'm not sure what I would gain from the INSCYD software testing other than feeding my personal bests into their model. On the Zwift racing side, that is something I haven't done yet, but would be very interested in tips/hacks/etc.

Tom

• Options

@Tom Glynn - Hey great questions! Yeah, the INSCYD site is a bit hard to follow. 

Its more than just spreadsheets I can assure you. I like the visualization of the test data and charts. The software will show your lactate production rate, lactate combustion rate, fat and carb burning zones, max carb intake, and lactate accumaluation in mmol/l/min. That's a lot of fancy physiology terms, but it really shows us "how" your body responds and where there is room for improvement.

Here is a video presentation that explains the benefits we are interested in. I see INSCYD and WKO4 as complementary. I view INSCYD as planning tool. WKO4 is an execution tool. INSYCD provides a map. WKO4 is the dashboard. Once you have a healthy PDC in WKO4, then what? INSCYD helps with that next step.

I'm hoping it also gives us a more understanding of the metabolic processes in your body and "how" your body fuels and responds to your power efforts. I think it has some potential and could help us guide your training approach and focus areas across a season and could help you get even more out of WKO4.

To be clear though, you don't get the software. Its only a coach license, so I could test you again (most frequent would be every quarter, but more likely 2x per year - in OS and Early RacePrep) as you go.

I see Zwift as a great training tool and also a fun place ride. Yes, we will talk about how to race more effectively on Zwift. But, we will also talk about how to chose the right race or course for the training effect you are looking for, how to use workouts, erg mode, draft, and yes, even how to use all the in game boosts and power ups to maximum advantage. BURRITO!!!! 🌯

So, yeah we will go over all the tips/hacks/etc to get the best racing, training effect, and most fun out of your time inside. And I know a lot of folks are riding more and more outside now, so I will also cover how to transition some of those Zwift indoor skills - outside! (If only the feather boost was available to me outside too!) 🤣

Keep the questions coming. I'll do my best to answer.

~ Coach P

• Options

OK - that was a long video! I'm in. Do I sign up now or do you want me to wait?

Tom

• Options
    edited June 15, 2020 10:23PM

@Tom Glynn Sign up baby...open to the team today 06/15/2020

Note this thread is closed now, and it live over here: https://endurancenation.vanillacommunities.com/discussion/26674/2020-build-your-best-bike-camp-5-weeks-7-6-20-roll-call/p1?new=1