Homeβ€Ί General Training Discussions
Options

[Seminar] Peak Weekend Planning hosted by Jeremy Behler

Our July 2020 Seminar (online here) was hosted by @Jeremy Behler And if you missed it...well, you MISSED OUT.

Jeremy walked attendees through his progression over several years, including peak performances such as qualifying for Kona. He is a phenomenal athlete, but his analytical approach to managing training is what really sets JB apart from the rest. You can learn from his experience, and some great follow up questions, by tuning into this seminar.

Don't forget, there are many other EN Seminars available for you to watch. They are all available online here: Seminars

Have questions about the lesson? Post them here and tag @Jeremy Behler For an answer!

~ Coach P

Comments

• Options

Thanks to the other experienced folks that joined in and added to the conversation! @Derrek Sanks @Mike Roberts @scott dinhofer @matt limbert @Carl Alleyne

• Options

@Jeremy Behler thank you for hosting this seminar. I unfortunately could not attend last week so i watched the recording over the week end really enjoyed it. I'm still struggling with the idea that one can go to Kona and win his age group on a minimalist plan but this clearly shows that smart training with a sharp focus on ROI outweighs unstructured high volume training (as long as there is a camp in week 6 for sure). Also your run progression from 3:45 to 3:15 over few races was really interesting. I think you must be naturally gifted (and the strong cycling background probably helps) and / or your workouts must have been absolutely painful and intense. In any case great seminar and if you have more secrets to share I'll gladly take them :-)

I also watched the seminar on Methods of Analysis hosted by @matt limbert and How to not slow down in an IM marathon with @Al Truscott an found them both super insightful. I've been an EN member for 15 months and did not know about these seminars. They are really interesting and i like the format of veteran teammates sharing their knowledge and experience on very practical topics. Really looking forward to my easy recovery Zwift rides to watch all the other ones now.

• Options

@Vincent Sivirine thanks for the kind words! There is a great deal of content here inside the Team and it's hard to keep everyone up-to-date on what's happening. I hope that you too will have some great lessons to share in the not too distant future. πŸ‘

• Options

Hey @Jeremy Behler Great presentation and slides. Enjoyed the data points and the discussion. Currently in a bit of a rut from a training perspective, but your macro level view to the year was a great opportunity for me to refocus on my own training patterns versus the mindset of focusing on "that one missed run or ride."

• Options

@Jonathan Benson I feel your pain....motivation is SUPER hard when races are being cancelled. I am right with you.

The silver lining to that, and something I didn't speak to specifically in the webinar, is that having a 'down year' doesn't mean you sacrifice your long-term growth. In fact, it could potentially enhance it. For example, between 2011-2015 I did an IM every other year and in the off years sometimes did a 70.3 and in others did no races. That's not to say I was lazy...but I didn't follow a structured plan in 2012 or 2014 yet saw big gainsin 2013 and 2015 when I jumped back in head first.