Home General Training Discussions
Options

[EN] What You Won’t Do This Winter with Endurance Nation

Finding the best path forward in your training is not about doing more. It’s doing better.

https://endurancenation.us16.list-manage.com/track/click?u=54dc221df5218e0dafff46b51&id=7db4481963&e=46eef5a3a8
-

Finding the best path forward in your training is not about doing more. It’s doing better.

As complicated as doing “more” can be in your life, it’s a really low-friction decision. What should I do now that I’ve hit this plateau? More. Now that I’ve restarted? More. Now that I’m healthy again? More.

The impact of a “more strategy” is hard to discern at first. As your commitment balloons over time, you begin to realize that more of any one thing will essentially mean less of something else.

This is why you won’t find members of Endurance Nation doing six hour training rides this winter. You won’t find them waiting outside the pool at 4:45 am on a 14-degree morning. You won’t find them doing double sessions on a random weekend that’s six months out from their race.

We make high-friction decisions in order to keep the training as straightforward and effective as possible. Literally, we are talking mind over matter.

Do yourself a favor this season, don’t make the same old easy choice. Redefine what’s possible by re-imagining your schedule. Not just for the winter, but for your training week. Start with a single 7-day block and let’s build up from there.

If you need help, you know where to find us!

Work works,

~ Coach Patrick

** Taking Control Of Your Fitness This Winter Via The Outseason