Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

Christmas/Holiday wish lists

So what is everyone hoping for from the family, triathlon related?

I am thinking of asking for some compression socks and maybe a Garmin 310XT but would like to hear what everyone else is hoping for.  And does anyone have a good rec on compression socks?  Who makes some good ones?

Comments

• Options

Nothing big on the triathlon part of the Christmas list. I hope santa brings me

-Big cresent wrench

-sign for the office door that says "Cauton, Pain Cave"

-good itunes mixes for running/biking

-red Castelli arm warmers (because they will look fantastic with the EN kit)

Mostly, I'm holding out for new skis.

• Options
    My tri related wish is an areo helmet!! I figure that at the very least I can LOOK fast with one of those!
  • Options

I put some Kmeleon compression shorts and tights on my list along with some WrightSock socks.

My present to myself will be a Hed Jet C2 60 front wheel.

• Options

This is on my wish list!  Has been for over 50 years!  Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7xj...r_embedded

Happy Holidays!

• Options

Disc Wheel. [Don't beat me down! Yes, I know wheel covers are better in everyway! but still, drool.]

• Options

Wow I was hoping for a cake decorating class, guess I should add something tri related.

• Options

Just this morning I was thinking that I need a set of frying pans. I think duct taping the handle has got to be the last straw.

Tri related- I wish someone would book my IMMoo hotel for me as I have still procrastinated on that...anyone? anyone?

• Options

Help me make up my mind. Please.

This is the time of the year where 2009 model bikes and frame get on sale.

I have been thinking about a new bike but wonder if it is worth it. I ride a QR Tequilo 2005, aluminum frame, Ultegra components, upgraded base bar and brake levers, wheels with PT, J Cobb saddle. It has more than 10,000 miles.

Why I would change: I want to switch to compact (I could as well get a new crank for the QR), I like RED compos (Have Rival on my road bike), R2C shifters are very appealing (anyone tried them?), aluminum frame is a little bit rough (but responsive), no internal cable.

Why I wouldn't change: I don't really mind if it gets scratched. I am not afraid of working on it.

Option 1: Keep my bike. Get a compact crank and professional fitting (TT Bike Fit) which I would have to get anyway to help me select a new frame.

Option 2: Get a new frame. But then, do I switch the components from the old bike to the new and upgrade piece by piece or do I get some new components now and try to sell the QR?

What kind of improvement do you think I could get compared to my old bike? Speed, comfort?

Thanks

PS: to help with my indecision, my wife gave me the green light.

• Options

Man....Arnaud, I got the new bike just after they went on sale and here was my justification (if there is one).  I could get the bike, new wheels and the PT all at the same time and the guy at Gear West worked with me on it.  I'm so happy I made the change.  I had a 2000 QR Kilo that I bought when I was first interested in tri.  Upgrading was the best thing I ever did tri related.  

On that note, I'm surely not worthy of any other gifts but I'm hoping for a speedfil OR one of those cute little Flip video camera that I can take with me on the Habitat 500 bike ride to video fun stuff for our web site....

• Options
    Posted By Arnaud Glacet on 05 Dec 2009 09:30 AM

Help me make up my mind. Please.

This is the time of the year where 2009 model bikes and frame get on sale.

I have been thinking about a new bike but wonder if it is worth it. I ride a QR Tequilo 2005, aluminum frame, Ultegra components, upgraded base bar and brake levers, wheels with PT, J Cobb saddle. It has more than 10,000 miles.

Why I would change: I want to switch to compact (I could as well get a new crank for the QR), I like RED compos (Have Rival on my road bike), R2C shifters are very appealing (anyone tried them?), aluminum frame is a little bit rough (but responsive), no internal cable.

Why I wouldn't change: I don't really mind if it gets scratched. I am not afraid of working on it.

Option 1: Keep my bike. Get a compact crank and professional fitting (TT Bike Fit) which I would have to get anyway to help me select a new frame.

Option 2: Get a new frame. But then, do I switch the components from the old bike to the new and upgrade piece by piece or do I get some new components now and try to sell the QR?

What kind of improvement do you think I could get compared to my old bike? Speed, comfort?

Thanks

PS: to help with my indecision, my wife gave me the green light.

First, do you have a PM on that bike? If not that's where I'd spend the $$$.

If you already have a PM, get the bike fit with Todd Kenyon and see what he thinks about your fit on that bike. Your bike may fit you very well (i.e. you can achieve a comfortable and aero position on it) so the $$$ gets spent on blinging it out with components. If you could be more aero and more comfortable on another frame, well that's even more fun. Cuz who doesn't like picking out/fussing over a new bike?!

For me, I'm asking Santa for The Joule.

• Options
    I have some compression gear on my list. It will be my first experiment with it after hearing alot of you guys saying you loved it!
    That and a trigger point kit.
    I hope i get some of that stuff... The rest of my list is work clothes that i haven't worn a wallet hold into!