Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

The Wire

I'm halfway through season 4 and I can't get enough.

The Wire was an HBO series that ended after 5 seasons. Clearly the best writers in the country don't write for the movies anymore. They are writing for shows like Madmen and The Wire. It's so great to watch a show that takes 12 episodes to complete the story. I'm 54 hours into this and the characters and story are still growing - amazing.

Thanks Chris. The show rocks

Comments

• Options

OMG, The Wire. When the history of television is written, The Wire will be the story. Unbelievable. And, unfortunately, all too true. How can anyone ever beat those odds and get out of that mess. One in a million, unfortunately. Oh man, don't get me going...The Wire is amazing on every level.It's mind-expanding and opens up new levels of awareness of the plight of those struggling so bad in this country.

Watch this interview with David Simon on Bill Moyers Journal. As riveting as the show.

• Options

that was an awesome interview.

• Options
    It's amazing. And the last season is as well done as the first.
  • Options

definitely on my to-watch list. caught the last season because Dave was a huge fan and was hooked. looking forward to the OS to play catch up through the earlier seasons.

• Options

I miss Bubbs.    I liked the season about the kids and the boxer (Season 4?).  Very, very moving.

I was more sad when that show ended than I was with Seinfeld or The Soprano's.  The Wire was so frigging realistic.

• Options
    I miss Bubbles too. And Steve Earle as Waylon? Pretty cool.
    My gf rescued an abused dog and named him Dukie. Full name, Duquon Weems. Fits perfectly.
    Michael, Bug, Bodie...Those kids in that show break your heart.
  • Options
    Omar and Stringer Bell were my favorites. I was saddened as each of them were blasted into the next world.
  • Options
    Posted By chris malone on 05 Dec 2009 07:27 AM

I miss Bubbles too. And Steve Earle as Waylon? Pretty cool.

My gf rescued an abused dog and named him Dukie. Full name, Duquon Weems. Fits perfectly.

Michael, Bug, Bodie...Those kids in that show break your heart.

I LOVED Dukie!  I was always afraid they were going to have him killed.  My wife and I loved, loved, loved that show.

Dave

• Options

Many years ago (and unfortunately it was) I bought a treadmill and used to watch Homicide: LIfe on the Streets episodes while I ran. Perfect 44 minute chunks to unplug the brain and run too. So the wire is just a great long addition to a great group of writers, directors etc.

Besides I love Steve Earle...

I hate how shows like that end, and shows like cougar town continue

-Dave

PS Halligan, I love your profile shot LOL

• Options

Cute little Kenard capped Omar.

• Options
    Series complete. Kind of bummed it's all over and that's after 60 hours.
  • Options
    Posted By Dan Socie on 27 Dec 2009 09:20 AM

Series complete. Kind of bummed it's all over and that's after 60 hours.

Just finished Season 4 Episode 9 a couple of minutes ago. Karin and Clare are out of town so it's a marathon today!