Home General Training Discussions
Options

Sport Tracks

Any one  using Sport Tracks?  What do you think of it?

I've downloaded it about a week ago and have played with it a little.  So far it seems like it could be a good (and free) replacement for WKO+.  The best part is that it supports plug-ins and there are already tons out there including an elevation correction one that actually works for me unlike the wko+ feature that does some days and not others.

Here is the link to the software: http://zonefivesoftware.com/SportTracks/

and a good review I found today: http://dcrainmaker.blogspot.com/200...ittle.html

Comments

• Options

I started playing around with it a few months ago and like it overall. still haven't gotten it setup perfectly on my mac/parellels but one of these weekends will make the time for it. seems like it has some cool options that wko does not. the gps thing was initially why I looked into (Smaryka had mentioned it up in LP as being a good solution). image

• Options

How does it work with 310XT? Will it run native on a Mac or does it need parallels?

• Options
    I used to use this before WKO+ and loved it but switched because it didn't track power. Is there an updated version that does?
  • Options

I saw a few power plug ins and one that had TSS, IF, NP.  I haven't had a chance to play wiht the plug ins yet and am just using it with my garmin for running so far.

Maybe I'll take some time this afternoon to set it up and try it out.

• Options

As soon as it runs natively on Mac I'll be more than happy to try it. I won't be holding my breath though... ;-)

• Options
    Posted By Chris Whyte on 04 Dec 2009 06:07 PM

As soon as it runs natively on Mac I'll be more than happy to try it. I won't be holding my breath though... ;-)

Word is, they're working on some OS X foo (Intel only). You can run on OS X it now by installing a bunch of linux libraries, but I'm not THAT interested in playing with it. Haven't installed it on my VMware Fusion volume yet. Apparently it's strength lies in GPS.

• Options

okay, so I've got it up and running on my mac/parallels. I have to say- initial impression. very cool. difference in run GPS is night and day. I run a .75 mile loop for my speed work and on wko an 8 mile run comes up as 3000 ft of elevation. the course is the flattest thing around one hill with an equal down on the other and the rest is pancake flat. comes up as 0ft elevation on this. similar findings with other runs. aside from that, lots of fun little features.

was able to load up all of my garment stuff in one swoop. power tap files have to be transferred one by one.

a few questions for those of you playing with it- 1) are you able to do any run analysis (NGP, rTSS)?? not sure if there is a plug in for that and I missed it or if it's more of a manual thing, 2) power tap files- is it dependent on HR?? I wear a strap to test but pretty rarely aside from that. seems like the HR triggers the power data stuff, and 3) any tips for getting a PMC up and running??