Home General Training Discussions
Options

Ergvideos for Computrainer

Does anyone out there use ErgVideos for their computrainer? I notice that you can get a video for "threshold test", and I *think* you can configure any of the videos to do your perscribed workout (e.g., 20" @ 250 watts (4") + 30"@85%, etc).

Anyone have any experience with these? I think they generally cost $45. Looking for something to motivate me during my FTP test and other training sessions. Chasing some other people on a bike on real video might be good?

Comments

• Options

I have a couple of the originals. They are fun. They have a video of some folks you are riding with and the software drives your computrainer in erg mode. You input your FTP at the start and then the required power output is all as a percent of FTP. I have one for threshold intervals which has 2x20 followed by 4x8. You can also "loop" the interval (e.g. if you want to do 3x20 you can set it to repeat an intervals). In terms of the workout, it is the same as programming it yourself into erg mode on the CT with the bonus of having a video of other riders to watch.

• Options

I have the Lake Placid one, it is pretty cool.  Breaks up the monotony a little bit.  Threshold test looks cool.

• Options
    Nice. I just ordered 3 -
    Threshold Intervals
    Four Man TTT
    Tempo Club Ride

I'll let you know how they work out.

Mike.