Home General Training Discussions
Options

Thanks RnP for the OS Updates

Hey RnP,

A quick thank you for being so responsive and updating the OS plans. I remember year one when the entire (much smaller) group was crying uncle (yes, even people like cramer image) and you guys stepped up, got the feedback, and got us all back on track. Each year gets us closer and closer to the 95% solution, and you could just rest on your laurels and let happen what may. Thanks for taking the time to listen and respond. Not sure what the issues are, as I have been happily limping along in the Int. group, but I know from the past that when you make changes, they are necessary and everyone is better off.

Awesome place this is.

Linda

Comments

• Options
    (I posted a new thread and then saw Linda's thread....so I deleted my thread and adding on my THANKS to Linda's thread!)

Can I just take a moment to say THANK YOU to Coach Pat and Coach Rich (and anyone else involved)!

I don't know what goes on behind the scenes when the coaches et al start brainstorming and thinking about how to improve this website, products and plans, but THANK YOU! Saw the post in my e-mail and in the forum about the changes to the OS Plans. They are always tweaking to make improvments, and I for one, appreciate it! I totally get it that this is a continuous process in-the-works. I totally get it that PnR are listening to "Das Haus" members. I mentioned in a previous post that I liked having the coaches work on "cool stuff". This is an example of the "cool stuff".

THANK YOU
  • Options

I'd like to see the description of the 'easy' brick run on Sat at MP/HMP changed to 'this will feel like 5k pace brick after the hell you just went thru on the bike' or is that too long a description?

I was afraid the changes were going to be that you made a mistake and the OS adv bike this week should have been 2x15 all week, not scaled back to 2x12 for thur and sat, now sat at 2x10.  Me likey.  Maybe that will be an easy brick run at MP/HMP, unless I decide to get up at the crack and drive 90 minutes to thrash myself in a cross race.  I digress.

Thanks for the update guys.

Dave

• Options
    Thanks to all of YOU for making what we do just so awesome. Your feedback is always welcome.

@Dave, yes, we did some tweaking as we found that consistent FTP sets across a week (say 2x15 on Tu/Th/Sa) looked good on paper, after the Wed run, Th was not so pretty and Sat was still tough after nuking yourself to catch up on Thurs. This will still be tough and lead to improvement, I think it's just "smarter". image

Of course, I give you all 2 weeks until the feedback starts pouring in... LOVE IT!

P
  • Options

Thanks for the feedback, it's nice to hear.

• Options
    I would like to also say that yes it is great that you guys are tweaking the plans to make us all better and faster. But I just want to confirm that tomorrow I am indeed, as an Int athlete, doing 3x10', not 2x10' as my printed sheet says. I know some others have had questions as it seems the advanced peeps lost minutes and we gained. I am cool with either just want to make sure as there was a big dustup a few weeks ago about whether we should have done 2x10' vs 3x10'.
    Thanks again.
  • Options
    I did 3x10...can't hurt (too bad) right? I did 3 the last time too. I personally don't feel like I'm as deep in the fatigue hole as some folks sound. My legs are tired, but I did the 3x10 today @ 109%, 108%, 108%, did the 2x15' @ 90% and 92%. I still had enough spring to do 2 miles @ Z3 and 1 @ Z4 on my brick, so I'm thinking 3x10 was fine even if it ends up being a typo.
  • Options
    Posted By Bill McKinney on 05 Dec 2009 08:12 AM

I did 3x10...can't hurt (too bad) right? I did 3 the last time too. I personally don't feel like I'm as deep in the fatigue hole as some folks sound. My legs are tired, but I did the 3x10 today @ 109%, 108%, 108%, did the 2x15' @ 90% and 92%. I still had enough spring to do 2 miles @ Z3 and 1 @ Z4 on my brick, so I'm thinking 3x10 was fine even if it ends up being a typo.

And if you did bitch about it, I'd point to the 108-109% above. That is, don't bitch to me about how hard the workout is if you're going to ride 10% harder than prescribed. Just sayin'

• Options

Yes, thanks for plan tweak. I may regret saying this later, but I like intervals in threes. I never feel like I'm warmed up until the second one, so I third usually goes very nicely.

May I also say how much I like the pop up workouts? Click workout. Do what it says.

I also like the Goals of the Week with the workouts. Because of them, I've actually been stretching every night.

• Options

Where are the goals of the week listed? (Probably right in front of me somewhere.)  Thanks.

• Options

Just want to point out to the new peeps that we shouldn't compare the Int to Adv week to week. If I remember from years past, the rhythm of training is slightly different. Think of a wave going up and down. Int. will build up a bit more gradually, so when the Adv fold are perhaps taking it down a tad, we may still be in a heavier build. Then the Int wave ebbs a bit, and builds again--slightly off the Adv rhythm. Know what I mean? IOW, don't sweat it--plenty of work to go around for everyone. image

• Options

;Pam -  They are below the image of every week in the main training page view.

;Linda - GREAT insight. Folks always want to "see" what the others are doing and say "hey, on day 36 they do 2x as much as we do, what's up with that?" to which I say, please refer to days 1-35 and days 37-99 to see why. Big picture stuff at work here, not comparison shopping...

P