Home Announcements 🎙
Options

Twitter/ #workworks posting

I asked this question earlier as I am not that great with computers and social media. Just started with twitter, not very long ago. I asked as to what I needed to do to be able to make my tweets visible on #workworks. I was explained to put #workworks at the end of my tweets. So, I did, but they still were not visible by me, all but one a day ago. I did empty the cookies, history.....on my android phone this morning before attempting to post the most recent workout.

Anyway, can somebody explain it "slowly" as to what I need to do fro my tweets to be visible on #workworks.

Thanks.

PS: I am a little technology knowledge lacking.

My twitter is atasic, I am following Team EN, as well checking on #workworks.

Comments

• Options

I don't know. It sounds like you are doing everything correctly. What program are you using to post your tweets with? At least on iPhone there are several options including Twitter, twitterific, etc. You might try a different client program?

Are your tweets visible to yourself?

FWIW, I have tweeted with #workworks and then not had it show up when I searched #workworks. I would estimate this happens about 5% of the time. It may just be a problem with Twitter itself.

• Options
    Aleksandar:

Make sure you are not protecting your tweets (i.e., check your settings from your Twitter account page). If you're requiring that people be approved to see your tweets, they may not be making it through the system.
  • Options

Thanks Kevin. I am using HTC Evo, twitter for android, but I think same happens from my laptop. It was not going through at all, than yesterday, one went ok, I was happy, today again nada. Thanks for your response.

• Options

Steve, thanks, did check it, will check it again.

• Options

Also, got to look at #workworks, last tweet is 09/26@5:18pm, could that indicate that it is not updating fast there. My tweets do show up at Team EN, place something like @blanco/enteam as I am following it. Fun.

• Options
    I think Rich told me way back, that the "#workworks" needs to be included within the 140 character limit of the tweet (ex, as the last 10 characters). That might make a difference too.
  • Options
    Yes, it does count as part of the 140 characters. I'm seeing your #workworks on Twitter now. If you're not, it's your searching on your client, not the fact that they are note getting through.
  • Options

Thanks guys. It seems to be working from my laptop now, will see about the phone. I can see them #workworks, will see how it goes. William, thanks a lot.