Home Announcements 🎙
Options

Which is the easiest plan?

I need a plan to get things going.  Something outseason oriented.  I'm not in great shape and I haven't been training much recently.  I can't run for an hour, which some plans seem to require.

Comments

• Options
    The plans are "beginner" "Intermediate" and "advanced", so that should be fairly clear. Perhaps you should post a note into the "Macro" thread to get some advice on how to work yourself into the ability to complete the OS plans? Just a thought. RnP check there regularly.
  • Options
    Don,

What William said. Also, if plans are too hard, don't sweat it, just do what you can. If the plan calls for an hour run and you can do 30 minutes, good enough. If the plan calls for 6 workouts this week and you can only do 3, then life just gets in the way. We all adapt one way or another. It's all about having fun.
  • Options
    Good advice from the guys here. Plus, remember that the "1 hour" guidance is really just a ballpark anyway. The key is for you to do the "main set" of the workouts- which might be shorter than 1 hour. They just put the 1:00 on the schedule to give you an idea of how much time to budget. Sometimes it's actually over that hour (like in the IM plans). So don't sweat it- do what ya can!
  • Options
    Don, I jammed out a wiki post for you on this...it's in progress but check here. Wiki folks can edit away...

http://members.endurancenation.us/Resources/Wiki/tabid/108/Default.aspx?topic=OS+Pre-Training+Guidance