Home General Training Discussions
Options

30-30s

I just took a look at the recently posted plan for week 9, and I have a question/clarification about the 30-30s.  I know that last year there was a lengthy discussion about the intensity of the 30 seconds of rest.  I seem to recall that the 30-30s ended up being 30 seconds at 120%FTP and 30 seconds at 75 or 80 percent of FTP.  Is this correct?  The current training plan doesn't clarify.

Thanks

Colleen

Comments

• Options

If I remember correctly....the targets were 120% + 60% for the recoveries??

• Options

Recovery closer to 65% I believe, but otherwise- yup.

• Options

Really it is whatever YOU need to recover enough to keep hitting the next 30.

Some days I would be at 50% or less because I needed it.  And other days I was at around 75% and feeling like a rock star.

So this may change a little day to day but as others have said around 60% is what you should be able to be around.

• Options

No, this wasn't the suggested workout last year.  There was a very long thread about the importance of not doing a full recovery between the 30 seconds at 120%.  Agh!  I hate not having access to old threads!

• Options
    Posted By Colleen Doody on 06 Dec 2009 07:34 PM

No, this wasn't the suggested workout last year.  There was a very long thread about the importance of not doing a full recovery between the 30 seconds at 120%.  Agh!  I hate not having access to old threads!

You can get to the "old threads" via the "EN 3.0 Forums" link at the bottom of "Community" dropdown menu (the same menu that gets you to the "new threads")

A quick Search for 30/30 there revealed these two threads that I think you're looking for (I was curious for the answer myself):

www.endurancenation.us/en_forums/showthread.php

• Options
    Posted By Cary Blanco on 06 Dec 2009 07:46 PM
    Posted By Colleen Doody on 06 Dec 2009 07:34 PM

You can get to the "old threads" via the "EN 3.0 Forums" link at the bottom of "Community" dropdown menu (the same menu that gets you to the "new threads")

Wonderful!  Thanks.  I was not finding these threads.  It looks like 60% (or 50% of VO2 Max per Billat).

A quick Search for 30/30 there revealed these two threads that I think you're looking for (I was curious for the answer myself):

• Options

In a CoachP vid last year he said:  120% of FTP for 30" interval and 60% of FTP for30"  recovery.