Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

American Triple-T in North Carolina!

This is killing me!  I've always wanted to do a Triple-T and they just announced a new event in my favorite race venue- White Lake, NC!  Trouble is, it's in October and I don't know if I should really attempt it after doing IMWI in September.  Anyway- I wanted to be sure folks out there saw the news so you can consider it as part of your 2010 race schedule.

http://www.americantriple-t.com/

From the email announcement:

EAST COAST VERSION OF POPULAR TRIATHLON TO DEBUT IN WHITE LAKE

American Triple-T North Carolina scheduled for October 8-10, 2010

WHITE LAKE, NC – A new East Coast version of the popular triathlon, the American Triple-T Triathlon, is set to debut in White Lake, NC, on October 8-10, 2010.

HFP Racing which presents the annual American Triple-T triathlon in Ohio each May, announced plans to expand from the Ohio venue to also include a second venue for the 2010 race season, to be held in North Carolina – in and around the community of White Lake – and to be dubbed the American Triple-T North Carolina.

“We are very excited to bring this awesome event to North Carolina, showcasing White Lake and the community that makes up this spectacular venue,” said Shannon Kurek, Founder – HFP Racing.

White Lake is unique in that it has a white sandy bottom and is blessed with crystal clear waters providing an ever growing reputation as a premier triathlon venue.  White Lake has been the host venue for North Carolina’s season opening half ironman – the White Lake Half, since the mid-90’s. It is truly a triathlon paradise in that there are no currents, no tides, no hazardous depressions or real dangers of any kind to swimmers. It has been labeled "The Nation's Safest Beach".

The current American Triple-T is held in Portsmouth, Ohio, and is headed into its 9th year, and event organizers anticipate that the new American Triple-T North Carolina will become a classic throughout the East Coast and South East.  The American Triple-T North Carolina features four triathlons over three days totalling more than 140+ miles with participants competing on two-person teams or in the solo division. Participants start off with a Super Sprint race on Friday, and then tackle two Olympic distance races on Saturday and finish up with a Half iron distance race on Sunday.

“Yeah we know it sounds crazy but it attracts a really special group of athletes – it’s just incredible to see the participants finish that final race on Sunday. Many athletes say it’s much harder than even an ironman.” Kurek also added “the American Triple-T North Carolina will offer participants intimate camaraderie and sportsmanship that is rarely found in traditional triathlons – you just can’t spend that much time together with fellow triathletes (suffering) and not come away saying this is one of the coolest events you've ever done.”

“We’re just thrilled the American Triple-T has chosen White Lake for its North Carolina venue.  We look forward to rolling out the red carpet for all the participants in the American Triple-T North Carolina.” Dawn Maynard, Elizabethtown-White Lake Chamber of Commerce

REGISTRATION

Athletes interested in participating may register online at www.americantriple-t.com. The field will be limited to the first 500 registered participants. The entry fee for the event is $225 per solo person or $450 for the two-person team.

Participating athletes will receive an official American Triple-T North Carolina race singlet, event towel, water bottle, and other goodies provided by the event sponsors. In addition, athletes who finish the race will receive an exclusive “finisher only” medal and t-shirt”.

COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT

In an effort to give back to local communities, HFP Racing and the American Triple-T offers fundraising opportunities to local community non-profit groups enabling those groups to raise money while being part of the event as a volunteer. Volunteers are needed for a wide variety of areas including aid stations, course marshals (swim, bike & run), transition area and many others.  In addition, businesses can get involved through a wide variety of sponsorship options.

Comments

• Options
    If I don't get into Kona via the lottery (ha, not holding my breath on that one), and if registration was still open at that time, I might consider this insanity! BRING IT ON!
  • Options

Excellent news.  Although I won't be doing the race this year as I have enough on my schedule with IMC Canada and first tri in 3 years.  I'm sure I'll need the recovery and then just get back in to doing what I want as far as training until the next OS. 

The Triple-T has been on my list for some time its great to have a second option.

Gordon

• Options
    If NC will be anything like the Ohio event, it will be a killer event. Anybody looking for great prep for Lp, this is it. this will be my 4th trip to portsmouth. 4 races over 3 days and a ton of climbing on the bike and run so it's a great prep for Lp or any other mid summer IM. You do a prologue friday, 2 olympics Sat., and a 1/2 IM on suday and you will get your monies worth. It's a 90 min drive from the house so I'm in.
    P.g.