Home Announcements 🎙
Options

Loved the member map!

I was a huge fan of the member map, but it is now terribly outdated. Any plans to get it running off the new forum instead of the old?

Comments

• Options
    I had wondered about this too, then after messing around my profile in DataTool, my pin popped up in the Member Map! So, without knowing anything else, I would say it is linked to your ZIP code in your DT profile.

Anyone else?

Run Strong
  • Options

Steve,

Were you able to change your profile in the Data Tool directly? I don't see an option to do that? As an older member I can go into the old forum 3.0 and change my profile there which I think the DT and member map were driven off of, but I don't know if new members have access to the old forum?

I am only speculating on how I think this fits together.

• Options
    @ Kevin, I stumbled into it by accedent the other day while poking around.

I went > Tests > Zones > click on profile pic and that took me to my personal profie. It doesnt seem to be anywhere else. maybe this is one for the Tech Geek.

Run Strong
  • Options
    I thought it was linked to the old 3.0 forums.
    There's been multiple location-based requests for the 4.0 forums, like 1) member map, and 2) to have your location in your post (like your name, membership 'level', # of posts, etc). I believe they're all on the to-do list, but take lower priority than the functional site stuff.
  • Options
    Posted By Scott Alexander on 28 Oct 2010 12:55 PM

I thought it was linked to the old 3.0 forums.

There's been multiple location-based requests for the 4.0 forums, like 1) member map, and 2) to have your location in your post (like your name, membership 'level', # of posts, etc). I believe they're all on the to-do list, but take lower priority than the functional site stuff.

Yes, on a list but not near the top of that list, sorry. Getting everyone into the same payment system was another step towards unifying all the different parts of EN which are spread across a couple different, unconnected, tools.

Thanks for your patience.

• Options
    IIRC we might have a solution for this coming sooner rather than later, but it's out of my feeble hands. Stay tuned...we are working to move the Data Tool over, but it's like relocating the Jefferson Memorial to Bangor, ME.... image