Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

When your swim dock tries to swim away

Jeopardy Question?  When is it appropriate to wear your wetsuit while making a home owners repair?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ty4y-dz84g

Yeah, after several rounds of windy storms, the swim dock decided it had enough and tired to make a get-a-way today.  Totally screwed up our plans for heading out to find a stove to replace the oven that broke over Thanksgiving!  Oy my head!

Comments

• Options
    Oooh Nooo! go away for vacation..... is the water cold, even with wetsuit? I know you guys are much further south, but all I can think of is temps here today and wind. Time for hot chocolate or tea
    Good luck
  • Options

Holy Wind.  Really blowing in the video!!  Did he get it fixed and how many SAU's?

• Options
    Posted By Bryan Ogle on 11 Dec 2009 08:10 PM

Holy Wind.  Really blowing in the video!!  Did he get it fixed and how many SAU's?

Oh- he earns all the SAUs on this one for sure!  It's freakin cold out there!!  He and a buddy are actually working on fixing it this weekend.  The work he did Thursday only tied it up and secured it so it wouldn't do more damage.  He's borrowing waders from the neighbor to stand in the water today with the electric drill 

• Options
    Wetsuit is a good call. About every five years I fall into the water either putting the docks in or taking them out up in the adirondacks. Sucks either way.
  • Options

Yo, wind-y!!!! I have to hand it to the guys who always get stuck doing those kind of jobs.