Home Announcements 🎙
Options

Help adding pictures and other attachments

I wanted to invite the December OS group to post some pictures of their pain caves and of family. I do not see the Attachments option at the bottom of the Outseason December 2010 forum once I hit reply.  Could you help us out on this one?  Thanks in advance. 

Comments

• Options

Scott, Good point it looks like the process to attach a pic is different in a group vs the standard forums.  In the Nov OS group there is a different set of icon based options when I hit the reply button.  I tried to add a pic to this post but the servers must be having an issue tonight so I will try to describe what I see.

When I hit the reply button the area above the text box has 6 rows of icons. The first icon on the left in the 4th row is an Insert/Ediit Image Icon, it is a mountain with a sun. Try that.

Well 4th try and the pic added !

• Options
    Thanks Matt!
  • Options

Matt

Thanks for the attempt to help.  My version of the tool bar after "Message:" just has seven icons - Bold, Italics, numbers or bullets, add a link, and FCKeditor.

However, now the Attachments area has shown up below the message area.  And I was able to go get some pictures and upload them into the My Files area.  Then the selections are to Add File to Post, which is a green "+" symbol or Delete, a red "X".  When I hit either of these, they do not seem to add anything to the post or even delete the file.

Thanks in advance for using your problem solving skills to help out.  I am just trying to build up the December Outseason community and feel that sharing pictures will help!

Scott

• Options

I am having the same issue.  Under Attachments I Upload a file and in the past if would show up and I could simply click and add to the post.

Now, I don't get that.  But the file shows up under all the files but when I click the red "+" nothing happens.  Having the same issue in the latest IE and Chrome.

John

• Options
    Thanks for pointing that out...I am taking a look.
  • Options

Ok, got this working again. Sorry about that...there is some strange conflicts with some of the 'look and feel' code and this forum. I had to switch the forum back to the old look and feel. However, a new post editor is on the books for 2011 so stay tuned. It should make it easier to add a photo.

• Options

Thank's, dude!  Works now for me.

• Options
    Posted By EN Tech Guy on 22 Dec 2010 12:33 PM

Ok, got this working again. Sorry about that...there is some strange conflicts with some of the 'look and feel' code and this forum. I had to switch the forum back to the old look and feel. However, a new post editor is on the books for 2011 so stay tuned. It should make it easier to add a photo.

I think she passed me with that bike and outfit at my last tri!

• Options

Yes!!

I thought I was crazy.  Thanks for the help!

• Options

Seems we are having this problem in the new Jan OS group as well.  There's no little mountain icon up top, and no "attachments" option at the bottom either.

• Options
    Thanks Nemo - should be OK now with attachments. The image button will return soon. Can you give it a try?
  • Options
    Works like a champ- Thanks!
  • Options

I'm in the clubhouse having the same problem.

• Options
    I'm not seeing the insert image anywhere, but i do see the attachments
  • Options

Bob - which forum are you having image trouble with?

• Options
    I don't see all the tool bars that Matt showed on any of the forums I can see. My permissions are still messed up, so I can only see admin forums and the JOS forum. Can't see any of the training forums. But I assume it would be the same for all.
  • Options
    Bob, I think I fixed your permissions...any update on this?