Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

I need a training log!

I looking for a new "Excel-base" training log.  In the past, I have developed my own, but I am not getting all of the info that I think I need. I have seen some of the web-base solutions, they are good but I really don't want to go in that direction.  If anyone has any suggestions or can point me in a better direction, it would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Before I got a Power Meter (and thus started using WKO) I had a Polar 625SX HRM and that came with some training log software that I used. It's been a long time- but that worked out well for me. Before those days I was using something called "Athlete Tracker" or something like that which I used on my Palm Pilot. Man, that seems like ancient history now!

Have you checked out Training Peaks? There is a free option there that might be helpful as well.
  • Options
    I have checked out Training Peaks and Beginner Triathlete, both are really good, but I want a file my computer and not an internet-based log. This way I can log and retrieve info regardless of my internet connection.
  • Options

I used to use a really simple spreadsheet.  Now I keep all biking and running in Wko+ and use the free training log on slowtwitch as well.  I am never very far from the interweb so it is not a bid deal for me.  

I really liked having paper logs back in the day.  They were much more fun to look back at this time of year or before races to see what I had done.  

Bet they have a cool one for an iphone? 

• Options

I think that for we do here, and assuming that everyone in EN sooner or later swigs the Koolaid and trains with power and or pace , WKO+ is probably your best bet. However, it's a program that can't only live on one computer, it's not an excel or other file that you can move around via flashdrive or other.

I would think an excel file as a Google Doc would be a good solution too. Any iPhone apps out there?

• Options

Hi,

For the past two years I have been using a simple google docs spreadsheet with tabs, one for my yearly schedule, one for my training log, and one for my race log.  It worked pretty good as I could access it anywhere, home, work, travel, smartphone.  PM me if you want the template, its pretty basic.  This week I have been trying the online Training Peaks log as I already use WKO+ for my power and heartrate data.  Most of the motivation came from wanting to add nutritional/calorie tracking to my log and have an easier way to analyze data other than import back into excel and manually sort the data (or write a macro).  You should check it out if having the log online would work for you, the new format is pretty intuitive and it is customizable.

Peter