Home Group Discussion-OutSeason November 2010
Options

Week 17 Run......

Well since the advanced program was already mentally programmed in this Intermediate body I went for it and nailed it.  8 miles just over 60 min.  3x1 miles and 800's x 2.

Nice warm up and noted I was still pretty sore from yesterdays 3x15 min FTP's and run.  So warm up was extended a little and away I went.  Happy to report all miles and 800's were just under T pace.  

Good luck everyone....hang in there and dig deep in the body/soul for your MOJO cause we are almost there 

Comments

• Options

Did mine yesterday.  I thought it was 3x1200.  Regardless, those are getting to be pretty tolerable these days.  Need to start running them outside so that I can go harder.

• Options
    Getting the Advanced run workouts back was a bit of a rude awakening this morning. Hit my targets on all except the last mile was about 10 seconds slow. Legs were pretty cooked afterward. Proud to have gotten a morning workout done though, and still made it to my work meeting on time!
  • Options
    Posted By Chris G on 23 Feb 2011 12:36 PM

Did mine yesterday.  I thought it was 3x1200.  Regardless, those are getting to be pretty tolerable these days.  Need to start running them outside so that I can go harder.

Incase you or anyone else missed it and cares..

http://members.endurancenation.us/C...fault.aspx

• Options
    After 7 full days "off" skiing, got back on the horse Monday and did this workout. 8.3 miles in 1:07. Intervals didn't qute make it to Z4 pace (haven't hit them once yet since my new zones...) but feels liek a victory given the time off and lingering soreness from thinking I was still 22 and could do bumps all day even though it was my first ski trip in 2 years...
  • Options

Got the run done at lunchtime today, full sun and 38 degrees, very nice.      Will not down load data until I get home tonight but the 2 X 1/2 mile and 3 X 1 mile went well, felt pretty strong.

Total run was 1 hour,  8.75 miles with a total average pace of 7:05.    Already seeing some faster paces with dropping a few pounds, good motivation to keep up with the weight loss.

• Options
    Guess I pushed a bit too hard yesterday for that Z2 45' run, or this morning's weather @ 63 degrees, drizzling, with a 6mph wind got the better of me. Bottom line: I suffered - target 1mile @ 7:18

3 X 1mile: 7:23, 7:18, 7:12 (4')

Although I did more than the Int plan, I did not do the full advanced. Can't believe I actually penciled in another 2 X .5. So glad RnP updated the plans!

• Options
    Great run tonight: Though I didn't hit my pacing targets, my HR was there-The route took me up some pretty steep pictches--so the work was there even though the numbers werent. WorkWorks

• Options
    Mine was a bit of a mental triumph. I was up late Tuesday night and went to bed thinking I would do the run after work Wednesday night. I woke up about 5:45 and realized that I couldn't do the run after work because my wife had class. Since I was essentially 30 minutes behind schedule, I decided to just bag it and went back to bed. After laying there for about 2 minutes, I realized I was just being lazy, so I got up and got it done. Didn't have enough time to run for a full hour, and hadn't seen the "fix", so I did 4x1 mile. The track was snowy, so the first 2 were ~6-7 seconds over pace. I got mad on the 3rd one, though, and nailed it 3 seconds under and the 4th one dead on 6:51. Felt great to have made the choice to get it done vs. talking myself into waiting (and probably skipping) it tonight. Yeah for me!
  • Options
    Posted By Daniela Williams on 23 Feb 2011 01:45 PM
    Posted By Chris G on 23 Feb 2011 12:36 PM

Incase you or anyone else missed it and cares..

http://members.endurancenation.us/C...fault.aspx

Well then its a good thing I was off the reservation and ran 3 at HMP and one at TP to make up for my unintentional slacking yesterday 

• Options
    As opposed to yesterday, when i was feeling heavy-legged, today felt sprightly going in, so I decided to do the 4 mi of TP all in one go, i.e., no rest breaks.

22 laps around a particular track, every one within a 1 second range...I guess that's exactly what threshold means. Something sustainable for a fairly long time.

6:22 pace for the 4 mi. and it was pretty easy (6:38 official TP...I gotta figure out how to run those damn 5Ks faster)

Finished out the hour just running comfortably quick. Turned off the watch, but I'm pretty sure it was mostly under 7:00 pace.
  • Options
    As opposed to yesterday, when i was feeling heavy-legged, today felt sprightly going in, so I decided to do the 4 mi of TP all in one go, i.e., no rest breaks.

22 laps around a particular track, every one within a 1 second range...I guess that's exactly what threshold means. Something sustainable for a fairly long time.

6:22 pace for the 4 mi. and it was pretty easy (6:38 official TP...I gotta figure out how to run those damn 5Ks faster)

Finished out the hour just running comfortably quick. Turned off the watch, but I'm pretty sure it was mostly under 7:00 pace.
  • Options
    I was glad to be back on the ADV OS run plan. I noticed that the run workouts had seemed really kind of slack recently, but I was even having trouble finding motivation to do those. I had been in somewhat of a big slump after getting bit in the ass by a German Shepard and falling hard on ice during a run about 2 weeks back. It was just kind of the icing during a stressful few weeks.

But bruising is down, legs are feeling springier and I'm feeling a lot better. It felt good to go out there and just get some solid work done tonight, 2x1/2's were pretty aggressive and the 3x1's felt pretty solid too. My run is a lot further behind my bike right now in terms of where I want to be, but I'm really looking forward to getting back outside and re-discovering why I liked running in the first place.
  • Options

yesterday's run had pretty good results.

started off running with my son, 14, who is recovering from a hernia surgery from a couple of weeks ago. He's trying to get back into it for his football season and he wants to do Warrior Dash with me in May. I'm very excited about that. It's the first time he has wanted to do something like that!

Hit the trails after that and did 5'15''  of z4 efforts x 3. No numbers to report other than 60 minutes of solid running and covering about 7 miles.

• Options
    After a very satisfied run build up over 16 weeks, I finally have had an injury slow me down. Sunday's run left me with a very tight/strained right hamstring. I dialed back the bike Tuesday, skiped the brick and went to get a much needed but painful sports massage. Yesterdays 3x1200's we done. I was even able to hit the numbers, but just barely. Afterwards, hot Epson Salt Soak, foam roller for about 20 minutes hurt so good. Today, a dull pain and very low flexibility. may have been the jump from INT to Adv with new paces, some new shoes, a diferent course(out of town run), just built up stresses, who knows. A bit bummed about it as I was really wanting to keep pushing for the next 3 weeks. But, I have come so far in 16 weeks and am glad for that. I'll just have to stand down for a bit and let this sort itself out.
  • Options
    Had a good one today at the station all paces around 5:45-50. Wasn't got about 8 miles total in 50 minutes or so w/out getting interrupted. The 2x15 is tomorrow, nice job everybody
  • Options
    Posted By Bill McKinney on 23 Feb 2011 08:44 PM

Mine was a bit of a mental triumph. I was up late Tuesday night and went to bed thinking I would do the run after work Wednesday night. I woke up about 5:45 and realized that I couldn't do the run after work because my wife had class. Since I was essentially 30 minutes behind schedule, I decided to just bag it and went back to bed. After laying there for about 2 minutes, I realized I was just being lazy, so I got up and got it done. Didn't have enough time to run for a full hour, and hadn't seen the "fix", so I did 4x1 mile. The track was snowy, so the first 2 were ~6-7 seconds over pace. I got mad on the 3rd one, though, and nailed it 3 seconds under and the 4th one dead on 6:51. Felt great to have made the choice to get it done vs. talking myself into waiting (and probably skipping) it tonight. Yeah for me!

Bill - that is impressive. It's stories like that, that push me when I'm not 100%.  Thanks!

• Options
    A good bounce back from a mediocre Wednesday! Target .5 = 3:30 and 1mi @ 6:45

2 X .5 @ 3:22, 3:12 (2')
    2 X 1mi @ 6:40, 6:32 (4')

Total with warm-up and cool down = 6.5. For me, this was a repeat of last Sunday's wko. Since I did not have the Sat brick wko preceeding it, I can see the difference I had today with a rest day the day before. The difference was 5" for the .5s and 15" for the 1mi.
  • Options

12.3 in 1:27 today.  I felt pretty sluggish but for me this is a good pace at this point in the season.  Now I just need to figure out how to recover so I can have some strong rides this week.

connect.garmin.com/activity/70361616

• Options

Week 15 run for me. 

Am about 90% today.  Headed out about 4 pm (81 degrees) and expected somewhat of a disaster due to heat, hills and recovering issues.  Actually did very well coming in only 20 sec min/mile behind my best time on the same course when it was much cooler so happy with this one and glad it is behind me. 

connect.garmin.com/activity/70510110

• Options
    a scheduled 90' run works out perfect for me. it's about 30' over rolling hills at about MP/HMP to the high school track. then hit the track for the targets. and 30' back, picking up the pace cresting the hills and cruising solid on the flats. I don't like running, and I was digging this workout!

2x1mile...7:01, 7:02
    plenty of strong pacing/running over and through the local hills.

I've finally lost a couple of pounds, that's helping a ton ( no pun intended )
  • Options
    I've known there was a headcold thinking about bonking me for the last couple days, but thought I might get lucky. No such luck. Got hit today. Full nose and tickly throat...and that feeling that climbing the stairs must be like climbing a mountain.

Thus, no real intensity for me today.

10 mi at MP, then drug the cat home for the last 4. Felt harder than it was. 14 mi in 1:47 overall.

Hoping to feel better after a good hard sleep.
  • Options
    Haven't been feeling great of late and not getting much sleep. Ran 11 miles today. Just didn't have threshold in me so just cruised with however I felt. Hopefully next week will be better.
  • Options
    I got mine done late tonight. Got out at about 7:30 and ran a cold (~20 degrees) 10.75 miles in 1:31. We got about 14" of snow last weekend, but thankfully it had warmed up a bit thru the week and melted most of the snow on the trail around the lakes. Ran all 3 lakes for the first time since last spring I think. Felt really good most of the way and hit the 2x.5 and 2x1 @ 6:54, 6:46, 6:52, and 6:53, just a bit over my 6:51 goal. Finished it out with several miles at ~MP. After my mid-OS ski marathon "break" I'm 14/14 workouts the last 2 weeks and should have another perfect week this week. We'll see if I can run the table the rest of the way!
  • Options
    Great run wko this morning! 45 degrees, no wind - perfect conditions!

2 X 1mi (2') @ 6:54, 6:38 (target 7:00)

Total run with warm-up and cool down was 5.2. Although a bit slower than last weekend, it follows yesterday's hard afternoon bike. At my third try, I finally had a great outdoor biking session. I hammered the assigned workout and then some and am at least as strong as I was at anytime last season. Work Works!
  • Options
    With the crappy freezing rain/ice weather a few weeks ago (where I couldn't even get out of my parking lot), it's taken me a while to get back into the running. On top of that, lately I only seem to find the treadmills at the gym where there is no air flow - which means it's freaking stifling inside. Excuses, excuses, I know...but it's an explanation of why I haven't been too vocal around the run (or bike) NOS forums.