Home Group Discussion-OutSeason November 2010
Options

Pressing Mojo Reset Button Now!

I've had a crazy two weeks of work related travel, lacking any energy for workouts and have fallen pretty hard off the EN wagon. Today it's time to get it together and hop back on! I'm going to jump back on the NOS plan but step back two weeks to week 15. I'd like to make a clean go at the last six weeks of FTP training and raise the numbers once more. 

Hopping on the bike now!

Comments

• Options

Good luck Elly,  get back at it  !!   It's a long season, taking some time off  whether you want to or not usually turns out to be a good thing.

• Options

Way to come back Elly, I feel your pain.  I got an acute baterial infection on the tail end of the flu and am also stepping back.  I completed the Week 15 Thurs bike this morning under some deep fatigue but hit the marks.

I will start week 16 Monday if the weekend continues to progress.

Good luck to you!

• Options

Thanks Bob and Shaughn for the boost. I had a great bike workout yesterday and am heading out the door for a run now!

• Options
    Elly - what we do is amazing here in the OS. The fact that you do it in your part of the country, plus work commitments, makes it even more so. Your competition probably isn't that dedicated - you'll crush them this year!
  • Options

Thanks for the boost Joe! 

I had a good weekend of training. Solid bikes and runs at slightly below my workout plan zones. It will take another week to get up to full speed. 

Again, thanks!

• Options
    Elly & Shaughn, funny, smialrdeal with me... week off to go skiing... ran 8 miles last monday and then got a cold... did 30 minutes of biking on Wed, Thur & sat, and 30 mintuees of running yesterday... Just feeling back to my old self today (and swam 2200 yards in the pool for the first time in God knwos when)... ready to get back at it... although with IMCDA 17 weeks away, think I am going to stay on the plan and just dial back my paces and targets a bit... hmmm, probably should ping RnP on that...
  • Options
    Best of luck Elly, doesn't seem like it will take away from your season to drop back a couple weeks so go for it!
  • Options
    @Elly, welcome back! You can see we kept the lights on for you. image And thanks for sharing your story...the ability to stand down and deal with "other" stuff is an unrecognized skill in the EN space. Good on you for getting to it and now let's get down to business. Keep us posted!
  • Options

Back on track after a solid Week 17.  I've stepped back a couple of weeks to make up for some work/mojoless time. Today's run went well, hitting all zones and intervals! 

• Options
    @ Elly - me too! I've been struggling since I got back from my ski trip. But this weekend all seems batter. My legs are back under me and my mojo is strong as ever.

I reset my NOS back as well. This is the end of Week 17 for me as well. I just dont know were to post anymore. Between being off schedule from everyone AND doing a custom run hack for Boston.... I'm all ofer the place.

Im sure there must be a few others on week 17 too.
  • Options

@Steve: Great to hear from you! Hang in there. It's been very tough keeping it together on so many fronts: workouts, weight, work, kids. I seriously underestimated how difficult it is to sustain the effort through the 20 weeks. 

Lessons learned for next year:

1. Get a treadmill. Trying to run all twenty weeks in the north is impossible and dangerous. There were many days that the snow was too deep or the roads were too icy for intervals. 
    2. Take a pass on the pushup challenge. Too much of an energy drain for me. I'll wait until the year after I've strung a solid OS together.
    3. Forget about losing weight at the same time as the OS. Too stressful on the body and head space.
    4. Get the work done in the early morning. There's always a reason to bag the workout later in the day.
    5. Get the work done in the early morning. There's always a reason to bag the workout later in the day.

Next up, week 18!

Keep at it!