Home Group Discussion-OutSeason November 2010
Options

Week 18 Bikin' and Brickin'

13»

Comments

• Options
    Crazy weekend...aren't they all?

Spent much of the afternoon shopping for road bikes for my twins. Got one of them hooked up. :-) The other one has to wait until Monday to see if a different size will work for him. Then home to work out, then off to Des Moines for a triathlon club party. Whole family went Bottom line...family ate my brick run, but it was worth it.

Got in my ride as I was supposed to though...5 x 2.5 at 310+ W and a half hour follow up at 0.85. Hard, but not impossible. It's all good.
  • Options

For the lack of knowing a better place to post, I'll put it here - it is a week 18 brick, so why not.....

Only my second serious bike effort since skipping 2 weeks for ski camping.... was especially hard following my 22 mile sunday run too.  Actually the bike was easier than the run portion - well duh!

Plan called for 2x20(4) then I did 20 more at 85%.  Total bike 79' @ 189w (0.877)

20' @ 207w (0.961)

20' ;207w (0.961)

20' ;183w (0.851)

For the run I changed into some cold gear (31* outside) and headed to my local hill for some repeats.  It climbs about 75ft in 0.2 miles (~ 7%).  Ended up with 2.8 miles and 4 repeats in 26'.  Not fast but it is a killer hill.

• Options
    Steve - nice going! So, how's the Boston Marathon training?