Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

1-DAY CHALLENGE: NBC Kona Broadcast workout

A one-time deal. Start time is beginning of broadcast, finish line is broadcast finish.

Point system follows loose adaptation of Columbus Day system, calculated as:
-stationary miles biked divided 10
OR
-treadmill miles run divided by 2
OR
-M/y swam div by 1000 (for those w/endless pool w/plasma screen TV on the bottom)
Or
-Pushups div by 30

*Bonus points for posting cheesiest thing Al Trautwig says during broadcast.

Post totals as thread replies.

Comments

• Options
    Great idea and I wish I could participate!

How many calories do I have to eat to earn points while I sit with my leg up and watch? image

I guess I could do some pullups if that would count.
  • Options
    Yeah- um- can we get points for hours of shoveling snow? I see me taking a long time to dig out from this storm and I intend to go x-c skiing when done.... or before....

EDIT- As I sat here, I realized I was missing the broadcast. Off I went to see the last 40 minutes. No snow yet and it's about 9pm.
  • Options
    I did pull ups every commerical break until I didn't have anything left... 4,3,3,2,2,2,2,1 ...19 total I would have done one more if I knew it would have put me at twenty.

Looks like I need to join Rich's physical fitness test challenge.

Did anyone do Dave's challenge?
  • Options
    Didn't see it til after the fact
  • Options
    Sorry- I missed the challenge post. But I was also busy for the first half of the IM broadcast dealing with my own little challenges!
  • Options
    how'd you do dave?
  • Options
    2.64 bike trainer points. Pretend-raced Crissie until she dropped me at Hawi. But I lent her a C02 when she flatted in our imaginary race, so she owes me big.

Ya, not a lot of uptake on this challenge - I should have posted much earlier. Of course, the Olympics are just around the corner ...
  • Options
    I TIVO'd it, so only got 2.02 in an hour on my CT; I was doing the Sat Week 1 indoor workout after driving 300 miles home from Walla Walla, bringing Soph. Daughter home for winter break.