Home General Training Discussions
Options

Just listened to podcast on changes for IM plans 2010 EXCITED

How geeky. It's Saturday night and I'm listening to RnP podcast. LOL.  But what a great way to spend my evening listening to the outstanding changes ahead in the 2010 IM plan. This may be my first year in the haus but these modifications sound perfect for me.  I'm enjoying my winter, but I'm also enjoying the anticipation and motivation I feel as I look ahead to the training season.  

Five weeks done in the OS and I'm building more than fitness, speed, etc. I'm building confidence. Thanks RnP and fellow team mates,

Meanwhile geeky husband is watching xc ski biathlon videos on his computer.

Comments

• Options
    I listened to the podcast on my run (as well as the Matt Anconna interview- love those!). This will be my 3rd IM/HIM season with EN and I was also really excited to hear about the changes. I was running along saying "Great Job Guys- that's exactly what we needed!" The modifications sound simply perfect! Of course I'm sure I'll still be cursing Coach P's name on every run and Coach R's name on every swim- but hey, some things gotta stay the same, right?
  • Options
    Love that you guys listen to the stuff...please pass it on to your teammates...plenty are still head down on the trainer! image (whose fault is that...)
  • Options

LOL Nemo was running while listening.  I was lying on the couch.  hahahaha. Then FBing her after.

• Options

Thanks, it's a lot of work. We've also recorded new videos for the IM and HIM plans, 40+ total.

• Options
    I listened to it on the train headed to the pool. Lots of good stuff and am looking forward to the pain!
  • Options

Listened to the podcast and it's incredible. After two in-seasons with EN, I'm sitting here nodding and nodding knowing that these changes are right on! Refinement extraordinaire! You guys are wicked smart! image

• Options

after reading about all of yous-guys excitement, I had to go listen for myself. I have only been EN haus for a few weeks and I have to tell you that I am pumped about the changes. Althought my OS workouts are not easy, I am having a great time and already seeing some gains. I can not wait to see whats next. Thanks for keeping it fun... and hard!

• Options

Is that podcast with the training plan (and named differently)?  Or is it located somewhere else?

• Options

No- it's not with the training plan.  It's with the EN Podcasts (I just subscribe to them with itunes and they come to me automatically).  You can get to it here:

http://ow.ly/MOou

It's called: 2010 Ironman and Half Iron Training Plan Introduction

• Options

These all sound sane to me. Although I may miss all the half mary pace running. . .

• Options
    Posted By Beth Schwindt on 22 Dec 2009 03:27 PM

These all sound sane to me. Although I may miss all the half mary pace running. . .

and there I was, the last 2 years, wondering why I had to run at HIM pace if I'd never get close on IM race day. I thought it was to help with my mental fu