Home Announcements 🎙
Options

Can't post photos in Club House Thread

This is buried in the problems posting pics thread. 

Giving it it's own thread so that it can get fixed.

Comments

• Options
    same here, i can't post pictures in almost all forums now. i used to be able to but now I can only insert links. THank you.
  • Options

Hi - sorry for the pic posting troubles.

Can you give me a specific thread just so I can test?

And just to be sure - you are using the attatchments functionality when trying to upload an image?

• Options

Ok, i feel dumb now.  The attachments work fine.  Can we no longer just post a picture that picture hosted somewhere else?

I'm fine with saving them to my pc and uploading them, and then attaching them if that is now the way to do.

• Options

added just for you...add brackets around IMG and /IMG with the url of the image and it will work. See below.

• Options
    Thank You - I'm all set.

Sorry to steal your thread Michelle, but hopefully you are all set now as well.
  • Options
    Um.. seeing as the name if this thread is "Can't post photos in Clubhouse" I thought that would help.

But I don't have the little mt pic in any of the forum threads, including "Women's"
    So no I still can't post pics.
  • Options
    Thanks Michelle - Like I mentioned above I was looking for a specific thread...not area (clubhouse) to make sure that there wasn't something going on with a specific thread because posting images to the clubhouse area was/is working fine. Please see my notes to Matt and you should be fine.
  • Options
    It really is every forum. So I guess my question becomes... is the mt pic icon gone? Cause I really do not understand your instructions above. I would need a more detailed step by step "how to" guide.
  • Options
    It has recently come to my attention that my post of 3/11 at 8:08 was found to be discourteous.

To the person or persons that found this post to be rude, I am sorry that you experienced it in that manner. This was not the intent.

When I posted it, I was, and I continue to be, truly confused as to why I can not post a picture in any of the forums.
  • Options
    For the Old Timers in the haus, the old way to attach/insert a picture to a thread was by using this little mountain button on the edit bar in a "full reply" mode (not quick reply). The little mountain button is now gone, may it rest in peace. The new way to insert pics is to use the "Attachment" option which appears at the bottom of the screen in Fully Reply mode. You attach the picture and then select "insert object" (or somthing like that) to put your picture into the body of your reply.

The other way to do it if you have the picture posted somewhere else on the internet (picassa, flicker, etc) is apparently is to use the URL from that location and add brackets around IMG and /IMG with the url. I'm not smart enough to make that one work, so I use the attach option.

@ Michele- FWIW I didn't find your message discourteous, but you do seem a little confused, but you are not alone! image

• Options

Michelle,

Last night I did what Nemo said in a test post in the Club House and it worked. I deleted the thread, tried it again, and it didn't. I don't know why.

To help you and others with this and other stuff we're going to create a series of How-To screencasts:

• Add pictures to a post
    • Change your training plan
    • Navigate around the site (dashboard, groups, forums, etc)
    • Anything else we think of

Then we want to park links to these screencasts in your Dashboard where you can't miss them.

Short answer is that your problem and question have prompted us to create a broader solution for a number of friction points on the site. Thanks for the poke

• Options
    Posted By Rich Strauss on 15 Mar 2011 12:38 PM

Michelle,

Last night I did what Nemo said in a test post in the Club House and it worked. I deleted the thread, tried it again, and it didn't. I don't know why.

To help you and others with this and other stuff we're going to create a series of How-To screencasts:

• Add pictures to a post
    • Change your training plan
    • Navigate around the site (dashboard, groups, forums, etc)
    • Anything else we think of

Then we want to park links to these screencasts in your Dashboard where you can't miss them.

Short answer is that your problem and question have prompted us to create a broader solution for a number of friction points on the site. Thanks for the poke

Don't get that with a  300 dollar a month coach, thanks