Home Group Discussion-OutSeason November 2010
Options

What happens next?

Hi all. Do I have to do something pro-active before the OS ends or will the coaches automatically drop in the next part of the plan?

Thanks in advance.

Des

Comments

• Options

Des, you will need to go to the training plan page and on the right there is a link to "Move/Change My Plan."  Select that and then pick your next plan.  Most will select a transition plan for 2 weeks and then go back in again in 2 weeks and select your next pahse whetehr that be General prep, HIM plan or an IM plan.  Hope that helps.

• Options
    Thanks Tucker - sounds like I jumped the gun then. I'll do that in a couple of weeks' time...
  • Options
    Not really jumping the gun Des. It's a good question that I think all the new folks have. From here on out you will control what plan you have and when it begins and ends. It's not as daunting as it sounds.
  • Options
    I had the same basic question - thanks for answering it.

So when the OS is over, we basically go on our own separate ways, right? I saw that there are various groups organized around IM and HIM races. We join them and get to know the EN athletes that we will hopefully meet on race day, right?

I have found this OS forum a powerful motivator/accountability tool. I would sure like to keep the mojo going...
  • Options
    Posted By Joe Hallatschek on 07 Mar 2011 07:16 PM

I had the same basic question - thanks for answering it.

So when the OS is over, we basically go on our own separate ways, right? I saw that there are various groups organized around IM and HIM races. We join them and get to know the EN athletes that we will hopefully meet on race day, right?

I have found this OS forum a powerful motivator/accountability tool. I would sure like to keep the mojo going...

Yes Joe we part after week 20 but we can remain friends.  You will join a few groups for whatever you happen to be racing.  You will be basically all training with the same plan so it's pretty similar.  The mojo will be there I'm sure as you will all be going toward the same goal.

• Options

Guys watch the "transition planning" video by Coach P.  It explains what we should be doing at the end of the OS. 

• Options
    I went to the "move/change your plan" location and saw a drop-dwon menu choice for the transition plan, but below the drop-downs there is a "*** Looking for the Post-OutSeason Transition Plan? Download the PDF Here!" which downloads a document entitled "OS_Transition_Plan_Doc". I did the 'plan change' to see what the works were to compare to the PDF and they are different.

Is the pdf the old version, and the drop down the new, improved version? Or is the drop-down to be used for post-race transitions and the pdf for the post-OS transition?

If no one knows, I'll post to the macro/micro thread.
  • Options
    @Daniela, that doc is old, but the video is good. The plans online are the latest...I updated the wiki entry here: http://bit.ly/erj6Ri
  • Options
    just curious....what does the transition phase look like? Don't need a day-to-day schedule, will find out at the end of the week. But, I am curious as to what those 2 weeks will have me doing. Cliff Notes version.

I ask because I'm pretty cooked. I had high expectations of the OS and it has lived up to the hype. I've worked harder and more consistently than any winter before, since taking up tri's. The numbers have gotten better, but, I'm happier about just knowing how much work I've done. I'm sore and I'm tired. I have to admit that it would be nice to see a couple of cupcake weeks coming up.

Can anyone verify this for me?

I tried searching for 'transition planning' video and didn't find anything. I'm still looking around, tho.
  • Options
    Chris go to your training page and change the plan. You can look it over and when you are done just change it back to where you currently are. I just looked at my HIM intermediate 12 week plan and things are going to be getting A LOT busier fast. No transition here until 3 weeks into the plan then a week downtime to reset this clock.

• Options
    Chris go to your training page and change the plan. You can look it over and when you are done just change it back to where you currently are. I just looked at my HIM intermediate 12 week plan and things are going to be getting A LOT busier fast. No transition here until 3 weeks into the plan then a week downtime to reset this clock.