Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

EN-Friendly Bibliography

I'd like to see a thread (graduating to a wiki entry?) for suggestions of EN-compatable books or complimentary reading. 

These would probably top the list:

Daniels' Running Formula (Jack Daniels)

Training and Racing with a Power Meter (Hunter Allen & Andrew Coogan)

Stretching (Bob Anderson) [required reading for Coach Rich]

What else? 

Comments

• Options

There's our training manual (online here). Interested to see what others come up with! image

• Options
    With all the (rightfully-placed, IMHO) hype lately, I suggest Born to Run by Christopher Macdougall.
  • Options
    These aren't EN specific but some of my favorite running related books. This is the short list.

Best Efforts - Kenny Moore
    Bowerman and the Men of Oregon - Kenny Moore
    Boston Marathon - Tom Derderian
    Pre - Tom Jordan
    The Perfect Mile - Neal Bascomb
  • Options

For motivation I always recommend "Confessions of an All Night Runner" by Dean Karnazes

• Options

'Stability, Sport and Performance Movement' by Joanne Elphinston

Great book by a sports specific physio - originally written for the health professional to gain an understanding of functional assessment aligned to various sports. You can go some ways to diagnosing your own injuries and stability issues. Uses examples from various sports and gives recommended treatment paths. The exercises are very specific and focused rather than the usual approaches by many other therapists. 

• Options
    Here's one that you hope you wont need, but has come in very handy for me several times:

'Sports Injury Handbook' by Allan M. Levy, M.D. & Mark L. Fuerst
  • Options

How about The Core Performance books by Mark Verstegen.

Also, for endurance nutrition information I like Nancy Clark's Endurance Sports Nutrition Guidebook.  Also, I plan to pick up Nutrition Periodization for Endurance Athletes by Bob Seebohar which was recommended by Penny.