Home Group Discussion-OutSeason November 2010
Options

Week 20 RUN

Well the run went as well as expected today.  ITB a little sore.  Feeling it more in the hip vs the lateral aspect of the knee where I usually feel it.  Funny cause coming of the bike and hitting the run I don't feel it much but just running it seems to bug me a little more.  

Well its done...3o min at E pace and withing those minutes I did the 6x90.  Not really sure what that meant so I ran the 90 seconds at Threshold pace.  

Not really looking forward to the Sunday run so if the ITB still bugging me might delay for a few days or week until I can get into a 10K road race.  Will play it by feel.

Best of luck to each of you.

Comments

• Options
    Carl - you did exactly what I was going to do - we read the same thing!

But, I overslept and missed this morning. Then, at lunch, the gym was closed due to HVAC. Then, I had to stay late at work to work a West Coast issue on a project.

So, no run today. I'll just be extra rested for tomorrow's bike test.

Good luck everyone!
  • Options
    Bike Test: Done yesterday
    10K TT Run: Done today

Putting November OS in the books a little early!

Did 47:27 for 10k today. First stand alone 10K TT in my life. Best guess as to what I would have done pre-OS is something like 55:00. Today's 10K is a 41.6 VDot, which is what I am going to roll with for IMCDA training as my previous 5K test of a 43.9 VDot was an aberration as evidenced by my univeral inability to hit those zones the last 5 or so weeks. Today's 10K TT was a 7:49 pace and my old Z3 pace was 7:48, so by my old zones, today would have been a Z3 run. I would be in the hospital if I did all my runs at today's pace... New Z3 of 8:08 feels jsut abouyt right and corresponds to alot of my recent runs.

Final tale of the tape:

November 1st: 227w, 38.9 VDot
    End of OS: 284w, 41.6 VDot

Success!

I'll be checking in and cheering everybody on... Lay it all out there folks! It has been pleasure sharing the last 20 weeks with all of you. See you on the course.

• Options
    did a light run yesterday, 1 day after testing on the bike.

35' with 5x90sec of TP up an slightly inclined hill. A hill made of quicksand. It looked like concrete, like a normal road, but after running it, it was very clear that it was, indeed, quicksand.
  • Options

End of OS run went well.  10K TT was 39:43. 3 years ago my fastest 10K was 38 and some change so its all starting to come together. Very happy with the OS results. I also swam during the OS and my 1000 yard TT has went from 19 to 16:33. So for me improvements in all categories.

• Options
    I ended my test with an 8 mile run in my neighborhood. I dropped 12 sec per mile since about week 7 when I last ran this course. My 8:01/mile time is about where I was in 2006 and so this OS gave me what I wanted - my run back.

Thanks for your support these last 20 weeks! I enjoyed the fact that you all were out there knockin' this stuff out and I was not alone. Especially at like 4:30 to 6:30 in the morning when everyone else is sleeping and we were in our Pain Cave!
  • Options

Great job everybody.  

Since my final vDot test will be in two week at a half marathon, I did another long run today; 12.4 miles in 1:26.  I am now going to take some time off to recharge.